VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a bit confused. I have a VIDEO_TS directory with works fine if I play it from the hard drive in one of several media players.

However when I burn the contents to a DVD+R or DVD+RW the menus no longer work correctly. I can only select the first menu option (there are two main video contect items) When I do, it plays the second item and locks up if I try to return to the main menu. The other two selections don't work at all.

However, as I said above it all works as it should (the menus all link to the places they should and returning to the main menu works correctly, etc, etc.) if I play it from my hard drive and not a burned DVD.

Anyone know how I can burn the DVD so it all works? I tried copying it directly to the DVD via Copy2DVD and also tried using Cheetah DVD Burner, both gave me the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try using DVD Shrink and use the Open Files option to create an ISO image of that VIDEO_TS file. Then burn it with DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn. That's what I'd do at least. Might be another way to shorten the steps, but it's a way I know works so I stick with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the link to DVD Shrink - great proggy!

I made an ISO file of the VIDEO_TS Directory but it won't play correctly when loaded into Alcohol 120%

(For the few that don't know what Alcohol 120% is - it lets you mount CD / DVD images, ISO, Bin/Cue, MDS, CCD, NRG, etc, to a virtual drive (amongst other cool stuff.) Worth every penny!

Anyway there are three selections on this DVD. TWO MAIN TRACKS and an EXTRAS area.
    Power DVD allows you to select a VIDEO-TS Folder on a hard drive and play it just like a real DVD. (Real and WMP don't do this)

When it works right the two main tracks play as they should and the extras selection leads to a sub menu.

But here's the wierd stuff. IF I burn the disk (tried three times already) or if I mount the image file and try to play it via a virtual drive (Tried that twice) it all goes haywire. Selecting Track 1 plays track 2's content and when you try to return to the DVD Main Menu it freezes up. Selecting Track two or Extras restarts the "intro sound clip) and does nothing else. This is the same with all three media players mentioned.

Maybe RE-Authoring in DVD Shrink might work. Any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you could just use the new ImgBurn 2.0 in the build mode to burn the Video folder, ImgBurn is just getting better and better.

Here is a nice guide I found here:

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/dvd-related-tutorials-reviews/757-imgburn-2-0-burning-vid...o-folders.html
    kip
    Quote Quote