VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i want to add subtitle to an avi movie to watch movie in my dvd player which support divx files.

i used srt2bmp software but there was aproblem that when i make mux to avi file with xsub nothing is created

can any one tell me why?

and if any body know better way to do that please tell me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It very much depends on what player you own, and what kind (if any) of subtitles it supports. Mine do .srt subs fine, so I just add the srt to the same disc as the AVI.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it supports srt files but it dosen't support the language of my subtitle

when i play the movie the subtitle apears as undefined letters.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    use avisub or sub2divx to generate a DivX file with subs on.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used both but there where problems

in avisub it tells me that
    seems that divxmux can't handle this kind of avi

and when i used sub2divx
    it tells me that divx is created but actually nothing created
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    moon214 - Please take this as a helpful suggestion because that is my intention. You joined the forum 2 days ago. Welcome. Unfortunately, you have the same problem that many new users have. You think that if you tell us too much information, no one will want to help you. Actually, the less you tell us, the less we can help you.

It would be helpful to know what your DVD player is. It would be helpful to know what language the subtitles are in, but in your case I am guessing Arabic.

I have the Philips DVP-642. It plays Divx and supports subtitles. SRT works. SUB supposedly works and they say some other format is also supported, but I don't remember which. The Latin alphabet is supported. Cyrillic works and I know this for a fact because I can read Russian and I have a Divx disc with Cyrillic subtitles and it works. I don't think this player supports any other character sets. It defitinely does not support the "CJK" (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) character sets.

It seems to me that your player does not support Arabic subtitles for Divx. You don't need to mux the subtitles into the AVI. In fact, it is actually better for them to be in a separate file. If you mux them in, it may not work, but your real problem I think is that Arabic subtitles are not supported.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my player is samsung dvd player v 6500

it supports srt but not supports arabic characters which i want in my subtitles what can i do in this case.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Other than live without or another DVD player? I can't think of anything.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use AVI Recomp. It burns the subtitles directly onto the file, so you dont' have to worry about whether or not your player supports subs or not. Worth a try
    Quote Quote