VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've tried a bunch of softwares and none of them have a fast forward feature.

I wanna be able to just sit there and click fast foward and it would speed up the frame not jump straight into the next scene.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. that's strange, I must have over looked this. I've used all of the above and currently using VLC as my primary player. I gotta check this out when I get home thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It kinda depends on the file too, as on MOST players FF means jump to next chapter. You may have to look under Playback speed or something.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm trying to play an .avi file just tried to use VLC but it wouldn't play.

The file plays fine on WMP. It's a recording from my Linksys IP Camera
    I just tried WinDVD7 as well and it wouldn't allow me to fast foward.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  7. that's strange, unless Linksys software is just plan crappy. I've recorded 100gb worth of video. I think it's just the way the recording software is recording.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dannieboiz
    that's strange, unless Linksys software is just plan crappy. I've recorded 100gb worth of video. I think it's just the way the recording software is recording.
    In order for FF to function, there has to be timing marks throughout the file. It could be that your software doesn't place them in the file or doesn't place them properly.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  9. Does anyone know why VLC player canot properly play forward?
    In Windows Classic and KMplayer it goes fine as well as Zoom player, but there other feature which they lack.
    Quote Quote