VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is this thing dying? heres the scoop: I was backing up a movie a few days ago and got this error.. figured it was something wrong with the image.. ok so I tried again and it worked. I just got finished backing up a few movies, burnt 3 and on the last one this error pops up. Its the same one I got a few days ago backing up the other dvd and I was wondering what the problem is. My burner is a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-16335

Thank you here is the error when burning with dvd decrypter.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doubt it.
    Looks more like an error reading or writing a disc.

What are you doing? What is the media ID of the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was browsing the net when it happened. The DVDs are Sony DVD-R's the same kind that I've been using forever. Could this be an over heating issue since I did burn a few DVDs in a row plus it is VERY hot out right now..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It could be a heat issue. Only way to know is to try a burn when it's cooler or point a fan into the open case and cool it down a little. If you still have the problem when it's cooler, could be a whole lot of things. Media for one, changes quality within brands. It's important to know who made the media, not just what label it has on it. But maybe it's just the heat.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I do not use DVD Decrypter for burning. I use NERO.
    However, I have got similar messages with a coaster being created when there was a problem in data transfer from the HDD to the Burner. The only solution that worked for me was to completely reinstall NERO, ensure DMA is enabled and no other memory hogging programs are running in the background during the burning.
    Why not try burning using another application (e.g. Nero) after taking all the above mentioned precautions? That would verify if the burner is, indeed, developed a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. [QUOTE:- I was browsing the net when it happened. The DVDs are Sony DVD-R's the same kind that I've been using forever. Could this be an over heating issue since I did burn a few DVDs in a row plus it is VERY hot out right now]

I noticed now that you were browsing the net when this happened. Same thing has happened with me. Inspite of all the different technologies being used by various manufacturers to avoid burn failure due to Writer buffer under-run, it is best not to do any other work while a burn is ongoing
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When was the last time you defragged your hard drive? Try defragging your hard drive to see if that will eliminate your problem. Usually browsing the net while burning will cause problems as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Decrypter is great software, multi tasking is not a good idea whilst burning and more than likely that is causing the error not the burner.
    Quote Quote