VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if there was a simple way to remove the preview movies from a commercial dvd.

I have a ton of dvds that I put in for my kids but frequently have to go through all of the upcoming dvds and previews. Is there a way that I could remove them simply without reauthoring the entire thing with something like dvd lab pro. Ideally I would like to start the movie with the initial menu system. I realize I could get the movie only through dvd shrink but would like to keep some of the dvd menu items. Is there a simple way to do this i.e where it would take less time to create than to sit and watch the preview movies?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What you want is to use PgcEdit and its "Jump to" feature. After you've ripped the disc to a VIDEO_TS folder, you open it w/PgcEdit, tweak, and burn. "Jump to" the Movie directly or to the Menu, your choice. Here's a tutorial, which looks complex, but believe me it is not. After you've done this a few times it becomes a piece of cake.

Leaves everything else (menus, extras) alone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you both for the responces
    I used vobblanker before the Pgcedit post.
    It worked great!!! No problems at all did even more than I expected.
    I guess if I ever run into any problems I will try pgcedit.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVDRemakePro. Great program and lets you remove ANY part of the DVD you want.

Extremly useful for episodic discs to get rid of all those excess opening theme/end credits, that consume valueble compression space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use CloneDVD ... lets me see what each preview is ... If don't want it ... I don't put a check mark in the square. Very simple to use.

After I do this ... I send the results to DVD-RB to do the shrinking.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My fav way is to rip "movie only" with DVDShrink in Reauthor mode. A one step, no fuzz, all garbage removed solution.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. I use DVDshrink reauthor 'movie only' . Then PGCedit so the discs starts anew after the end. Never any hassle from my kid. I even do the ones I bought this way, it's just put disc in and walk away. Episode discs work the same way.

All the nag screens, menus and 'also' videos are reason enough to make a DVD-R.
    When I put a disc in, I want the film to start immediatly.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are many tools you can use. DVD Shrink in reauthor mode (movie only) is the most simplest.

Another tool not mentioned above is TitleSetBlanker. It works very quick (split second) and doesn't take time like VobBlanker. Though you will need to blank out the complete title.
    Quote Quote