VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ive tried evrything but its not working- sony jus released a new FW and now they dont work anymore.
    Can anyone show me what to put incase im doing something worng? -thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Possibly the heat had consequences over Sony engineers. I'll investigate in the following weeks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't updated yet. I know that firmare 2.8 finally adds a "Video" folder in the place it should've been at the PSP's launch, but are the original abstract folders for video still in the PSP/ROOT/? If so, does AVC still work from the ANV001 folder?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I have been having the same problem with mine.
    I got the PSP and it made me update to 2.6 to play a game, so at the time I downloaded ffmpegx v0.0.9v and happily converted all my films for use.
    All was going well until I bought a wireless router, and FINALLY got the PSP to connect to it (D-Link DGL-4300). So next logical step was to update it to v2.8, so i thought. The movies now no longer played but still showed as movie files on the memory stick.
    As I paid out over £200 on it and spent over 2 months encoding all the vids I wasn't gonna take this change lightly. First Call was to Sony care line where they got me to try a few things like recopying files to the memory card from the computer. After this didn't work they told me they will look into it and get back to me within 48hrs. that time came and went so i called them back up and they apologized and said that the fault on my unit has been escalated to tech support at the head office. I've now had a guy from sony London head office call me and explain that they are having trouble recreating the problem and have now sent a currier to pick up my unit for further inspection. Whoops! I checked back on the ffmpegx site after they had picked it up and saw the new version for 2.71, which i have now updated past to 2.8.
    From what you guys have been saying sounds like there is a new prob with v2.8 anyhow so hopefully we might get a result with them patching the os or something.
    I'll keep you all posted
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    had a reply from sony now, they have said that the problem is in the header in the movie file that I'm trying to play.
    They basically told me tough s**it for using a 3rd party vendors software and that I would have to wait for an update from ffmpegx or get new software, stating ipsp and pspware work but still don't guarantee that those files will work after future. What a bad service!
    Good luck major, I'm counting on you
    Quote Quote