VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Speakers Work Fine And Are Brand New, But Just Have To Much Bass And Makes Everythin Sound, Distorted, Can Any1 Help?

Thanx!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Turn down the bass.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dphirschler
    Turn down the bass.
    Touche!

One option, check to see if they have separate controls for bass, either a dial or an on/off switch. Also, double click on the speaker icon in your system tray and see if there are any adjustments there. If you don't see anything there, also click on Options and see if Advanced Controls is available. If it is, check it then click on the Advanced button and see if you can set anything there.
    Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  4. lol @ Turn Down The Base
    Yeah I Have Done All That That And All Options Are Blotched Out..
    **There Is No Bass Control On The Actuall Speaker**
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No bass control = cheap speakers. You get what you pay for. Try turning down the volume in that case.

Viral, I thought of the same thing, but on my system I can only adjust volume and centering. Nothing about bass, or even treble.
    I can however adjust bass on my speakers.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get better speakers and a better sound card to run them!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhem
    My Speakers Work Fine And Are Brand New, But Just Have To Much Bass . . . .
    So which is it? Do the speakers work just fine or are they not working properly?

Brand New speakers + too much bass / no bass control = customer returns counter.
    Quote Quote  
  8. He probably has a sound card that doesn't have bass/treble controls in the mixer or an equalizer. A lot of onboard sound doesn't have this option. Open up Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices. Click on Advanced button. If you don't see an equalizer or bass/treble controls, you are out of luck. Time to buy a good sound card.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No way I would waste on buying a sound card unless I found the options of one absolutely necessary to the end users liking. Onboard sound is just as good if not better sounding than most sound cards produce. You are better off buying a good set of speakers instead of wasting money on a sound card that will only take up more space, use more power, and in the case of PCI sound cards you will decrease the airflow to other components inside your case by installing one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Onboard sound can be good, but not always. I love my onboard sound (nforce 2 motherboard) running my logitech surrounds. but my onboard sound has tons of options unlike others.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps you could fill in your PC profile? If we knew your board motherboard maker/model #, maybe we could direct you to any sound mixer software for (possibly) onboard audio that you may have forgotten to install..I wouldn't bother with a discrete sound card either - seems like a waste of time for what are likely crappy speakers by the sound of it. BTW, out of curiousity, what speakers are we talking about here?
    [edit]
    Most recent boards in the last couple years, ie: S462/NForce2 based on AMD side, S478 boards on the Intel side should provide more than adequate sound, save for the anal audiophile user..But those types are likely to buy a discrete card like a SB Audigy or something with high $$ speakers anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  12. WMP 7+ has a built-in graphic equalizer.
    I would take the speakers back and get a 2.1 system,where you have a seperate subwoofer for low pass,Altec Lansing has systems as low as $30.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank You Everyone, I'll Try Everything Said And If All Fails I'll Jus Buy Some New Speakers....Thanx Again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or you could neuter them. :P
    Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That is what I would do. I would return them since they are new. The product does not meet your specifications and expectations as a consumer.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Bought It Over The Net...No Warranty
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhem
    Bought It Over The Net...No Warranty
    30 day return? If not I guess it's live and learn.
    Quote Quote  
  18. What type of speakers do you have? Do you know if you have onboard audio or a PCI sound card in your computer?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Just Unbranded Speakers, Like I Said I'll Buy Some New Ones
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by ViRaL1
    Or you could neuter them. :P
    That's possible by soldering a high pass capacitor inline on each "+" lead:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=027-364
    Quote Quote  
  21. Does your PC's audio sound okay though headphones or other speakers? It might be your cheap-ass sound card. I had a similar problem in a work PC a few years ago. I forget what the fix was. It may have been a simple as installing new drivers.

Darryl
    Quote Quote