VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am capturing video from the TV using VS and a TV Tuner card. After I get the settings setup I click on the Capture Video icon. VS starts to capture the input source. About 15 to 20 seconds into the capturing I get the following message:

Unexpected error: Unexpected error: The sample start time is
    after the sample end time.

After I click on OK button the capturing stops. I am unable to get anything going. Every time I click on capture video I get this same error message each and every time.

Nowhere is there any explanation about this message.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can't get the answer here, try uleads relatively new forums (if you can believe that) @ http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/index.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem and wondering if you ever found a solution?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That was 6 years ago, but no, I never got an answer. I haven't been doing video capturing since then. I kind of got away from it but did a little bit now and then but if I remember correctly I didn't encounter that problem later on - maybe it had to do with me re-installing VS or something along the way happened and I don't recall seeing that error message again. That doesn't mean it would not have occured it's just that I never did a lot of capturing after that. Sorry I couldn't be of any help to you. If you ever find the solution I would however appreciate it if you would post back here because I do plan on returning back to do more of this stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    It ended up working if I captured it to MPEG instead of AVI
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I was doing it I think I outputed AVI and then loaded the AVI back into VS and converted the AVI to DVD format which for a two hour movie it took all night. I don't remember ever outputting to MPEG as that, I think, had to be converted to AVI before VS could process it for DVD but I am not sure now as it's been too long ago and I have forgotton much of what I used to do
    Quote Quote