VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hey thanks for the quick guide baldrick - what would your suggestions be to go from flv to mpg4 (ipod). Should I just use the guide posted and the convert that file to an ipod file with videora?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to convert some YouTube stuff to DVD in the best possible way.

For me, ConvertXtoDVD quality is equivalent to SUPER - but lots simpler & easy to handle. I tend to think SUPER is too bulky and monolithic. I don't like it much.

What I get, in the end (from both softwares), is a blocky, pixellated image.

Is there any way to CLEAN UP YouTube's flash files? Can avisynth help me out here? Has anyone out there succeeded to convert these flash files to any decent quality?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This worked for me a couple of times, but now it's coming up with the error message:
    "An ERROR has occured while encoding. The most common possible reasons causing error:
    If you did not check "Use Directshow", you may try to check it on, as you may have a working ActiveX filter installed on your PC that could read the codecs of your input file.
    Your input source file may not be a valid multimedia clip due to a damaged header, corrupted/segmented data or truncated file. Or maybe your input file has unsupported codecs. Here again, you may verify the structure of your input fileby double clicking it, the Media analysis Box opens to display it's info, codecs, and other internal data.
    There was an interruption of the encoding process due to Disk space, Slow PC, RAM drainage, CPU overload or a simple user interruption. Try again"
    I've tried everything but it won't work all the time. I downloaded the files to flv, then inported them to SUPER. Any idea about this, pls post me. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I get this particular YouTube downloaded? Keepvid doesn't work for this! ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VIc0qixx8

Why is that?

(EDIT: It's nothing "adult"! But, possibly clips labelled "adult" can not be downloaded with Keepvid?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mattso, use Firefox with the Videodownloader extension. Somebody has posted a guide in the guides section on how to do this. Btw, that song was monk-tastic.
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Firefox extension "Video Downloader". Works for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another Firefox extension that works well enough for me can be found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2584/

It also tries to give the saved files the correct filenames, too.

(AFAIK, VideoDownloader and KeepVid are basically the same thing, so if KeepVid won't work for mattso, VideoDownloader might not as well.)

glorygirl83: I'd guess that the FLVs you're having a problem with are encoded using the VP62 codec; SUPER can't handle FLVs that use any codec other than the default. There are some other topics on the forum that mention other methods to convert such videos, but I don't have the links handy and haven't tried any of them, myself.
    Edit: Here's a recent one: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=307473
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, you monks!

Steveryan, I've downloaded VideoDownloader for Firefox several times & ended up scratching my head what the f%#$ to do with it? I don't understand it. What do I do? I try to keep up with the forum & guides here every day, but I can't remember a "Firefox Videodownloader" guide. Can I trouble you for a link? Or some instructions? Anyone?

(EDIT: Ai Haibara, I'll try that extension, thanks!)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "Ook? Video Ook!" extension for Firefox did the trick with that problematic Monks clip! Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    glorygirl83: I'd guess that the FLVs you're having a problem with are encoded using the VP62 codec; SUPER can't handle FLVs that use any codec other than the default. There are some other topics on the forum that mention other methods to convert such videos, but I don't have the links handy and haven't tried any of them, myself.
    Edit: Here's a recent one: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=307473[/quote]

Thanks Ai Haibara I'll have a look at that link, for some videos it won't work then I try again and it works, it's very weird. Thanks mate
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Updated the guide with convertxtodvd and a problems section, https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1547365#problems
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Total Video Converter supports FLV with VP62.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also save the video from Firefox's disk cache. Best part about this is there's no need to download the vid again. So it's good for people on dialup.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lchiu7
    Decided to use ffmpeg directly from the command line and it works every time converting flv files to AVI or MPEG2 as well as being faster.
    I'm wondering what ffmpeg command line worked for you when converting files. I attempted to use:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i video.flv -target ntsc-dvd video.mpg
    but that resulted in files that I could play only on the computer due to their lack of sound on standalone players. I'd be interested to see what worked for you.

I have the same reason for wanting to convert to DVD--video for the kids away from a computer--so I'm prepared to accept lower quality videos in exchange for some peace and quiet in the car
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    please see next post sorry
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Super does not let me select anything other than gif, the drop down list is empty and transparent.

I ran regsvr32 C:\Program Files\flvsplitter\flvsplitter.ax command and used the extract program to get mp3 and avi tmpgenc plus does not support the avi and you cannot play the avi in media player. I do have flvplayer 1.3.3 installed so hope that not hurting anything.

Do I need to add some codec to tmpgenc and windows media player now???

Any idea why super may not be working (I do have another instance of tmpgenc running a large batch job at the moment but that has never bothered me before, often run several at once)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dawsonj: Try right-clicking on the main SUPER window and unchecking the Stay on Top option, and see if that fixes the problem with the drop-downs not showing anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, super is working now.
    If I do get files that super cannot handle any ideas on why the split and extract method created an avi that tmpgenc could not handle?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may indeed need to install another codec, yes. But try running the AVI in question (the one that won't work with Media Player and TMPGEnc) through GSpot (version 2.52 or better) and post a screenshot of the resulting window here. Blank out the file and path names, if you prefer. This may help us determine what might be causing the problems.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know how I can get super to convert an flv. file (google) to dvd, I followed the instructions in the forum with no luck, I keep getting the same stupid error message. Also I have riva downloaded aswell, can someone let me know if it is possible for riva to convert flv. to dvd? thanks in advance guys!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I'm able to get it to the avi/mp3 files. Not to sound like a complete and utter moron, but, which tool can I use to combine them into 1 simple and playable avi file without re-encoding?

If I must re-encode, which is the best program to use (for avi format).

tia
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kschang
    Just rename (hit f2) and give it .flv extension.
    if you cant find the extension, you can make it appear like this:
    open a folder , choose tool--> folder option-->view -->show file extensions
    and the you can change the extension
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i downloaded a google video as mp4 it wont convert on any converter it not recognized please help i am doing this for a charity center to show to kids on a pc via projector i am trying to convert
    the file to vcd. thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  25. How do i convert the file with out having to burn it to dvd or cd?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANK YOU for the excellent guide on converting YouTube to DVD. I love it!

Problem: I downloaded the updated SUPER v2007.build.22 released (March 14, 2007) and now I'm having a problem with low audio volume on the converted files.

I used the NTSC SUPER settings you suggested. I also used Intervideo WinDVD Creator to add a menu. The low volume became really pronounced after the DVD was created. All the soft clips were the ones I had converted using the updated SUPER. Any suggestions?
    Scooter1203
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    SPAM

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    after i change to VOB file, if i burn it using nero, will the file burned can be watched with normal DVD player? (not PC one)
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, your instructions are very clear, and the program is easy to use. But where the heck is the VOB file after it's converted from .flv??
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone here answer my question from yesterday??

Here's the question:
    where the heck is the VOB file after it's converted from .flv??

I can't find it ANYWHERE on my system.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote