VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi.. i`m usually on this forum if i need help. and this is one of those time..

i have a SONY HDR-FX1E HD camera...
    when i plug it into firewire.. the driver wont initialize in HD mode.. only in DV mode

- so when i set it to DV (the camera) the driver works fine and i can capture in premiere

- but when i set it to HD the AV/C subunit get's a code 28 or code 10 erros and wont load

i`ve heread some people having the same problem.. i need to finish a clip untill tuesday and this is happening now

any hint is apreciated.
    thanks
    There is more to life than you see!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i searched around and allthough i have service pack 2 installed.. and up to date.. i need to install this

Sony D-VHS Tape device which my windows does not have

quote ""SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER" category, click NEXT, scroll down to the SONY brand name, then select the "Sony D-VHS Device""

does anyone have this or can send it over? i`m quite mad to have a 6000$ camera which is not working

thansk
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What version of Premiere? The capture and editing software needs to be HDV capable.

I suggest an upgrade to Premiere Pro Version 2.0 although 1.5 can be made to work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yep it's Premiere Pro 2...

it`s not the software .. i didnt get that far...
    i found a windwows version (SP2 aswell) that hast those TAPE drivers...

is there a way to extract the files that it uses so i can install them on my pc?

it's so retarded.. some windows versions have them some dont...

thanks
    Quote Quote