VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My Pioneer DVD recorder (model DVR-531H-s) has recently developed burning problems.

I have no issues that I can tell with recording directly to the HDD which is how I do ALL of my recordings.

But I just had some trouble trying to record to some DVD discs.

Here is what happened ...

Very recently I tried to HIGH SPEED COPY from the HDD to a SONY 16x DVD-R disc (Media ID = SONY16D1) but there was an error after the recording started but before it finished. This happened with 2 of the Sony DVD-R discs [both trying to HIGH SPEED COPY from the same HDD recording].

So I tried again using a Verbatim 16x DVD-R disc (Media ID = MCC 03RG20) but this time around I picked a different HDD recording to copy ... again using HIGH SPEED COPY mode ... again there was an error after the recording started but before it finished.

Now this is like only the second time ever (first time was when I first bought the unit) I have ever tried to burn to a DVD-R disc of any sort ... in the past I have always recorded to a DVD-RW because I like to RIP it to my computer and re-auther there using TMPGEnc DVD Author ... burning a final DVD-R with the computer.

All my DVD-RW discs were filled up with stuff ... I'm lazy ... so I figured OK I guess I better try one. So I go to RIP it to the HDD of my computer so as not to loose that recording ... which was made a while ago ... and DVD Decrypter errored out at 4% into the RIP ... twice ... the 2nd time after a full hard reboot.

Now I am paranoid. I did not want to loose that recording but it is not RIPPING so screw it I say and I use ImgBurn to do a FULL ERASE on that DVD-RW disc (I should point out that all of my DVD-RW discs are 2x Maxell discs with the Media ID of "OPTODISCW002" and these have never given me trouble in the past).

So I stick this DVD-RW into the Pioneer DVR-531H-s after doing a FULL ERASE on the computer ... which is how I always do it ... and guess what happens?

It can't INITIALIZE it. Which means I can't record to it.

OK I think to myself. That DVD-RW wouldn't RIP properly before I did a FULL ERASE so maybe it was just DONE ... they do go BAD after a while ...

So I get another DVD-RW that has some stuff on it ... good news ... this one RIPS without issues ... I then do my usual FULL ERASE using ImgBurn ...

I put it in the Pioneer DVR-531H-s and ... it can't INITIALIZE it. Which means I can't record to it.

So I think it is CLEAR at this point that the PIONEER DVR-531H-s is not working properly and it seems to have something to do with the burner.

Any ideas on how to replace the burner? Can I just buy a computer type DVD burner and replace it with that or is the burner in the PIONEER DVR-531H-s somehow "special" and not "compatible" with a standard computer type DVD burner?

BTW I did try unplugging the Pioneer to "reset it" but I only unpugged it for a minute or so and I don't think it really "reset" as nothing "special" happened when I plugged it back in and turned it on ... for instance the EPG data was still there etc. so ... I am going to try to unplug it for like a 12 hour plus period and see what happens when I plug it back in.

I consider myself very unlucky at the moment as I've yet to see any posts by anyone saying that their Pioneer DVR-531/533/633 has "broken" on them.

I wonder if one of those lens/lenz cleaning discs would be worthwhile? My household is a smoking environment. Still I smoke more around my comouter than the Pioneer DVD recorder and never ever had computer issues with any of my optical drives not working due to being "dirty" so I dunno ... am very depressed right now over this

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well FWIW I found that Sony 8X -R seem to work best for in the 531h. Did you try any 4x or 8x media?

Best Buy has 4X -r media, at least the one near me. Verbatim the ones that look like a reel of film.

I wish you luck.

I believe if you search here there is a thread about replacing the drive. My recollection is that the drive is a Pioneer 109 that is not the same as the stock computer drive. I beleive it may have been Lord Smurf?

Bottom line as I recall it was use the electronics from the non-burning drive with the same model computer drive hardware, if I'm being clear?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I am hoping that I can just buy a Pioneer 111D OEM DVD Burner and use that as a replacement. Afterall that would only set me back like $40 US Dollars ... give or take.

I can afford that (I suppose) if it will work but truth be told I am not doing so well financially right now and just can't afford to buy a new DVD recorder or anything that will be too expensive.

My fear is that I will have to buy a special DVD Burner from Pioneer that will set me back BIG money and I wish to avoid that if possible.

Although I did buy this from WALMART but I don't know what the Pioneer warranty details are and although I have the original box and all the contents etc. I have a funny feeling that I no longer have the sales receipt ... but I have to double check as I may still have it.

I bought the DVR-531H-s in August of 2005.

"The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry to hear that. Here is a link to photos I took of the inside of mine. It was none other than TBoneit who commented that the drive looks like a special version of the Pioneer A09/109 drive.

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=279460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=11

[edit]Oops! I did not see your PM until after posting. I will look into it and get back to you. There was someone selling the service manual for the 531 on eBay not too long ago. The price was about $10.

[edit2]I just remembered my 531H says it has a one year parts and labor warranty. If you bought in August, 2005 it should be covered by Pioneer. I would call them tomorrow. They may not ask about the receipt.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trhouse
    Sorry to hear that. Here is a link to photos I took of the inside of mine. It was none other than TBoneit who commented that the drive looks like a special version of the Pioneer A09/109 drive.

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=279460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=11

[edit]Oops! I did not see your PM until after posting. I will look into it and get back to you. There was someone selling the service manual for the 531 on eBay not too long ago. The price was about $10.

[edit2]I just remembered my 531H says it has a one year parts and labor warranty. If you bought in August, 2005 it should be covered by Pioneer. I would call them tomorrow. They may not ask about the receipt.
    I'll try to give them a call when I get home from work today ... I will have to check then to see if I still have the receipt ... if I don't have the receipt I do recall using my VISA credit card (actually my bank checking account ATM/VISA card). I wonder if I could get a "receipt" from my bank on that although I would assume it would simply say WALMART PURCHASE with no "break down" of what was bought.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lens cleaning discs do work in some cases and you should at least give it a try.

Why do you erase the DVD-RWs on the computer rather than let the Pioneer do that? If they are VR-mode discs I just delete the titles with the Navigator rather than initialize the disc. But when I erase a DVD-RW on the computer it gets formatted wrong for the Pioneer, so the Pioneer has to re-initialize it (which erases it) anyway. The only reason to erase a DVD-RW on a computer is if you plan to burn to it from the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but you definitely have something wrong. I've never had trouble with DVD-Rs in mine (used lots of brands- TDK, Fuji, Maxell, etc.). The only time I ever had burn failures was when I used DVD-RWs that had been used a few times and maybe had a small scratch or smudge on them. In that case- drive seems very sensitive.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there are sseveral threads here on replacing the Pioneer DDVD drives & upgrading the hard drives to 3-00-500Gb

teh DVd driv eis the easiest 0 you will have to open the box and xamine the DVD drive (do not remove it) and ascertain the model no

it will probably be the special XA series drive ( with extra digital connector.) ie DVR-107-XR ( or something liljke this)

However if you buy the staandard pioneer drive, yu can swap the DVD circuit boards, ie replacing the laser mechanism, but keeping the digital oupput socket and the drive "identity"

search for Pioneer DVd and 420H for more detailed instructions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by FulciLives
    (I should point out that all of my DVD-RW discs are 2x Maxell discs with the Media ID of "OPTODISCW002" and these have never given me trouble in the past).
    You've actually burned those Optodiscs without any bad spots or pixilation? I've got some of those I got free from Shop4Tech that I've been afraid to try using after having many problems with their RAM and -R discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    (I should point out that all of my DVD-RW discs are 2x Maxell discs with the Media ID of "OPTODISCW002" and these have never given me trouble in the past).
    You've actually burned those Optodiscs without any bad spots or pixilation? I've got some of those I got free from Shop4Tech that I've been afraid to try using after having many problems with their RAM and -R discs.
    Believe it or not they have been working well until just recently which I think is due to the Pioneer DVR-531H-s having an "issue" with the burner.

Had a long day at work and didn't have time to call Pioneer ... will call them tomorrow ... I must find the WALMART receipt because it is less than 1 year and the Warranty does say 1 year parts and labour.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I FOUND MY WALMART RECEIPT !!!

I tried calling Pioneer but as I figured it was too late and they were closed. I will call tomorrow. I will keep updating this thread as this plays out.

Hopefully it will all work out A-OK

P.S.
    I remember buying this either late August or early September and it turns out the receipt is dated September 10, 2005 so the Warranty should be good as it says 1 year part and 1 year labor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good Luck...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See if Walmart will print-out a new receipt for you. many department stores offer that service
    as a courtesy. You'll need your credit card.
    Quote Quote  
  14. FulciLives, Glad to hear you found your receipt & are under warranty. I've been getting tempted by the 640h, nore room.

I don't use my 531h as a recorder every day but has become a must have.

I do use it every day as a video switcher since it has three inputs and I have a Dish 721 (Dual Tuner DVR) and a Dish 501 Single Tuner DVR and a Divx player feeding through it. And I switch around on the Input plugs in the front to connect the Video out on my laptop to record special wmv's or a Stand Alone Tivo or Camera.

You may have noticed I have three tuners feeding through it from DVRs. I hate Commercials.... Grrr....

All three tuners plus the Tivo plus the 531's tuner during sweeps and the start of a new fall TV season. That way when they start running reruns I can go back and still be watching new broadcasts just delayed.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    My Pioneer DVD recorder (model DVR-531H-s) has recently developed burning problems.
    Sorry to learn of your problem, and I hope it is not going to be a common one. My 520H was bought close to the time you got your 531, and I give it pretty heavy use, on both the HDD side and the burner side.

Any ideas on how to replace the burner? Can I just buy a computer type DVD burner and replace it with that or is the burner in the PIONEER DVR-531H-s somehow "special" and not "compatible" with a standard computer type DVD burner?
    I believe it's the latter, unfortunately, and the task is considerably more complicated than a simple burner swap. When not under warranty, the Pioneer replacement part goes for something like 3 bills (youch !!), not incl. labor, whereas the burner replacement you might be able to put in yourself -- with appropriate accessories and instructions -- would run just a fraction of that. (Since you seem to still be under warranty, you should not have to worry about that.) Otherwise, first you would have to determinie which Pioneer burner
    can go in there, obtain a service CD (DVD ?), a remote than can impersonate the Pioneer Service Remote, etc. I guess that becomes desperate D I Y time.

In case you did not find them on your own, or get offered these in the thread (or a PM) already, I think you may find much of the relevant info in the following links.

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=253998&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300&s...6961817e5caa2b
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1438381&highlight=esbuy+com#1438381
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=253998&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=330&s...6961817e5caa2b
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=289793&highlight=replace+burner

This reminds me: I keep forgetting to order that spare A07, which I'd like to have in stock, just in case . . . .
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have the Service Manual for the DVR-531H, send me a PM if you want it.

Edit: I seem to have problems sending PMs: write to supportATpioneerfaqDOTinfo and request it.
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by FulciLives

I consider myself very unlucky at the moment as I've yet to see any posts by anyone saying that their Pioneer DVR-531/533/633 has "broken" on them.

Well, FulciLives, it seems you have found a companion in your disgrace. I am having exactly the same problem. After 60 or so DVD-R burned with my Pioneer 530H (I live in Italy) it has started to give me that non-sense of "copy err". It has been now 4 times in a row, with all kind of blank DVDs: Panasonic, Philips and lastly also my beloved Verbatim 16x. I had no idea what to do and now that I see your post I am getting really worried, as I bought it more than one year ago, so non guarantee.
    Did the lens cleaning approach have any effect? Could you spare me some advise, is the burner replacement really the only way?

many thanks to you and everbody else
    - You deserve Alberto Sordi! -
    Quote Quote  
  18. apicella, How far out of warranty?
    i would still call Pioneer Customer Service in your area and hopefully get a kind and understanding person on the other end and if no luck ask for a supervisor.
    But if you explained you have only made 60 DVDs which I would consider very little use, maybe they will offer you a special deal.
    I know from experience (not Pioneer) but a similar experience that adjustments can be made that may suprise you.
    Just a wishful hope that you can find a solution that will satisfy you.
    Good luck
    NL
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by apicella
    having exactly the same problem. After 60 or so DVD-R burned with my Pioneer 530H (I live in Italy) it has started to give me that non-sense of "copy err". It has been now 4 times in a row, with all kind of blank DVDs
    You have just jogged my memory, and in a possibly ominious direction. To date, I must have burned something like 300 discs with my 520H. In the course of doing so, I must have seen this error around a dozen times. That's a rather small percentage, and I use only good quality media. The failures did not cluster at more than two of these in succession, with a separation of many good, normal burns between them. I probably figured this had to be one of two more likely causes: 1) The odd bad blank. Has to happen every so often, right ? Just so long as you don't hit a bad batch run. 2) The "video quantity calculator" of the Pioneer (I don't know the proper term, but you probably know what I mean) was wrong, due to a lot of edits &/or multiple titles, and therefore what should have been a warning in Red at the last Copy screen, telling me that disc capacity was not sufficient, instead attempted to burn anyway. Alright, add a 3) There was something funky in the recording to HDD that made the whole thing barf at dvd burn time. Nice theories, but now you have me wondering if this was really some early indication of trouble to come ?

Incidentally, I have the 2nd. year extended warranty on this unit, but it's from the seriously defunct Good Guys, so we can take a long leaping guess what that's gonna be worth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pioneer manual
    Resetting the recorder
    If you need to, you can reset the recorder to all its factory settings.
    1 Make sure that the recorder is on.
    2 Press and hold [] STOP and press STANDBY/ON.
    The recorder turns off with all settings reset.
    Have you defragged the drive lately? I doubt that is the issue but it could affect the High Speed Copy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI - My 510HS started giving the 'Copy Err' [msg of eminent death!!!] and then stopped copying and reading discs!

Good news - just replace the old DVD-r drive with a new one for $45US

(You can just leave the Digital audio connector on the new drive disconnected!)

My Pioneer 510HS and 210 have had new drives for 6 months now and they work just fine!

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=192334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=298856&highlight=

Good Luck!
    D-man[Warllamas]
    Dman[WarLlamas]
    "Angel's Lame, his hair grows straight up, and he's bloody stupid." BimBot Buffy, BtVS 05x18 'Intervention'
    Quote Quote  
  22. Below is a partial post of mine on another site.
    While for the ilo the concept should be the same in all DVD recorders with HDD
    I don’t believe a defrag would help in such a case as I don’t believe any recorders will mark out a bad sector. Defrag in such a case could lead to other problems
    While I’m not saying a DVD drive can’t go bad. I have seen many DVD drives either damaged or replaced when they were not the problem or a HDD replaced because of a bad sector
    I hope that It may help in this problem that seems to be with a copy from the HDD.
    -------------------------------------

My Post

HDD problems with a HDD in the ilo and I presume LiteOn recorders or any recorder with a HDD.
    The HDD can [after some use] develop some bad sectors, which in a DVD recorder leads to corrupt video files and lost programs. As in a PC a HDD that develops a bad sector does not mean that the HDD is totally defective,
    Many HDD can develop bad sectors after some use. In a PC this could result in the complete or partial loss of a small file and may not be even noticed or cause minor problems, which is why a disc scan
    In video with bad sectors, the large files involved with a reading of one file after another, along with fragmentation could lead to problems as in a split and merge, a freeze up, etc.

To Explain
    I started to have problems with my RHD94 with freeze-up, and merge resulting in lost segments of programs
    I use Win 98SE with FAT32 in my PC and do have some third party utilities for a fdisk and format.,
    BUT
    The original drive in the ilo is LITEONFAT and is not recognized by these or the ones provided by Seagate for a scandisk for bad sector mark-out and sector replacement

In a discussion with Seagate they would replace the drive if defective and I downloaded the utilities from their site, SeaTools and DiscWizard. As indicated these tools would not address the LITEONFAT.

I did this
    Removed the HDD from the ilo and removed the jumper and configured the drive for my Use in the PC [in this case slave]
    Took the ilo 80gb HDD to my PC and used fdisk to remove the Liteon primary partition.
    Re-partitioned the drive for an active, unknown FAT
    Now DiskWizard would format the drive for a standard FAT32 format.[By the way it is a very good format tool]
    Seatools would now diagnose the drive and scan the drive for bad sectors.
    There were Two bad sectors on the drive and were marked out and the sectors eplaced.
    The jumpers on the HDD were configured to CS and the drive reinstalled in the ilo.
    The ilo read the drive and reformatted it to LITEONFAT and it has worked without problems since

Note that a new drive is not a guarantee against to a defective or bad sector. As said, in a PC it may go UN-noticed, in a video recorder it could cause many problems

Because of problems caused. It would seem that a stand-alone recorder would have a system to identify and mark out bad sectors.

A questionable sector may accept a file for awhile and than go bad, these sectors could explain why a defrag could lead to a loss of programing.

Long Post but I hope it Helps

Edit
    Most would be using WIN XP and have problems with a scan as mentioned
    I do believe that the Seagate Tools mentioned will work with NTFS
    Quote Quote  
  23. First of all, let me thank all of you for sharing your experience with me. I have good and bad news: good news is my recorder is still under warranty as I bought it in december 2005 (probably I panicked so much last week that I thought everything was as bad as it could be). However I cannot find the receipt of payment, so I asked the store if they can send me a copy of that receipt, we will see....I have no idea if they can, or if they must, or if they must not give me a copy....

Thanks so much for making me think better about the warranty, NiteLite. I just need to get a documentation on the purchase, but that is more of my problem, due to my stupidity in throwing away everything when tidying up...

Seeker47, you might still be right with hypothesis 1), however I had 4 out of 5 "copy err" with three different brands of blank DVDs: Panasonic, Philips and Verbatim (unfortunately I don't have here the DVD ID, but the 60 previous burned DVDs were coming from the same Verbatim spindle). In any case, the Pioneer assistance center here at my town is closing down for two weeks, so I will give it some other tries and let you know. For point 2) it is unlikely because I tried to burn different titles and in only a few cases the GigaBytes amount was close to the available space on the blank one. I might add that I got the "copy err" message myself once in a while in the previous months, but I was thinking "darn coaster". Now 4 out of 5 and also on Verbatim is starting to be a strong statistic challenge for the coasters theory...

Leoslocks, I will try a defrag and let you know, thanks for the tip...

LCSHG, you might be right, but I'd like to stress that my burning problems happened on different titles on the HDD, if I had bad sectors on the HDD there ought to be difference from the "corrupted" title and another "good title", right? Maybe my statistics is still low on number of cases, so while I am waiting for the Pioneer guy to get back from the beach I will try again with my best Verbatim DVDs on different titles.

thanks again to all of you!!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by apicella
    However I cannot find the receipt of payment, so I asked the store if they can send me a copy of that receipt, we will see....I have no idea if they can, or if they must, or if they must not give me a copy....
    good news for me! The store agreed to send me a copy of the payment receipt, so I should be able to have the recorder serviced under warranty!
    Now, anybody has some advice on how to present the unit to the Pioneer guy? Should I ask directly for replacement of the burner or is it better to explain the problem and just let them decide what to do about it? Any experience with the Pioneer assistance? I know Italy is well different form the US, but nevertheless any advise will be greatly appreciated...

thanks to all again and again
    Quote Quote  
  25. That is good news, apicella.
    Not sure about European service...I know from lots of past experience here in the US, a call is usually made to the warranty phone number. After giving a brief explanation of the problem I have received a repair order number and requested to send the product to, usually, a regional service facility that will test and determine the unit's problem.
    Then I usually receive a phone call or letter stateing what was found and what they are willing to do to repair. If out of warranty this is done to authorise additional costs but under warranty the unit is shipped back and "hopefully" repaired.
    While repair time has been usually good probally half the time the unit has been returned either unrepaired or in worse condition...sad to say.
    Once with a JVC product, after 3 times of costly shipping to the repair center and receiving the product back unrepaired and once with a completely different model casing on it I simply called and made a deal with JVC. Forget fixing the unit and I will never buy another JVC product.
    This is from experience from US reapir centers which I dont put much trust in.
    Maybe in Europe things are different and if you have local repair centers as so you can carry-in the product maybe you will get better service.
    Or if a dedicated Pioneer service center receives the unit, I feel they will make an assessment to their costs and fix the damaged HD or simple send a replacement.
    Either way, Best of luck.
    Regards,
    NL

I'm sure FulciLives will soon share his experience. Good luck also.
    Quote Quote  
  26. My warranty is up on my 531H in September also. I guess we must have purchased about the same time.

To answer your question about replacing the dvd drive if it is out of warranty. It can be done and gshelley61 has done it ( on a 420 ) in this thread,

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=253998

I suspect the procedure is about the same for the 531H and is similar to what needs to be done to upgrade or replace the hdd. I just upgraded my hdd from 80 to 500 GB in the 531H ( 219 hours now available in SP mode ).

The problem is that the drives have an embedded CPRM number which must be entered for the drive to be recognized but the recorder. To enter that number requires a service remote control and a service disk. The CPRM number is written on the back of the recorder to the right of the AC input line. The purpose of the service remote is to allow entering the CPRM number and the service disk is for burning it to memory somewhere in the electronics of the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I had the same problem where my 531H would fail when burning. I have switched from memorex media to Verbatim and have not had a failure since (approximately 50 discs).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well here is a mini-update ...

I've been both busy and lazy. Busy doing stuff I have to do leaving little time for anything else other than to use that little bit of time to be lazy.

So I have yet to try and call Pioneer again and talk to a real Pioneer person.

I did get the name and phone number of a local Pioneer Service Tech place ... this was all automated on the Pioneer Phone System.

I called and they pretty much just said to bring it in blah blah blah ... which I haven't had time to do really.

So today I finally bought this Maxell CD/DVD Lens Cleaner thing (basically a disc with a brush on it) and treid it for 30 seconds (the directions said to do it for at least 20 seconds).

After that I tried doing a high speed copy from the HDD of the Pioneer DVR-531H-s to a Sony 16x DVD-R (media code TYGO3 or Taiyo Yuden). It worked!

I am almost out of DVD-R discs so I'm not sure what I will buy next (usually Verbatim 16x DVD-R or the Sony 16x DVD-R ... whichever is on sale). I haven't looked at my Sunday paper yet to see what is on sale this week. I should just order some Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R discs from RIMA.COM but I hate the wait time LOL

Anyways I will try to test some more ... maybe it was just DIRTY and needed cleaning.

My sales receipt for the purchase date was September 10, 2005 so I don't have much time left if I am going to do something that needs the warranty (i.e., take it in for repair).

Quote Quote  
  29. after some time I managed to bring my 530 to authorized Pioneer service here in my city at the end
    of last month. Today I called them and it turns out they did test the unit, found a problem, but could'nt fix it.
    So they shipped it to Pioneer service center somewhere in Italy to have it repaired. I will call them
    in two weeks or so. I am hoping they manage to fix the unit, in any case it seems it really had some
    problems. Tried to ask the girl at the phone what the problem is and what intervention is planned, but
    she hadn't the slighest clue. I don't want to think they didn't try to clean the lens as FulciLives did, so
    let us believe it is something serious.

I will keep you informed, thanks for your advise!!
    Quote Quote