VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 87
Thread
  1. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    Well I never did take mine in to get it serviced. I have one DVD-RW that works again and again so I just been using it over and oever
    . I need to buy some more but can't get the same kind (not made anymore) so I am unsure which to get since the Maxell DVD-RW stopped working. The one that works is TDK so I guess I will try TDK 4x DVD-RW discs next (I have heard of other Pioneer 5xx/6xx users using the TDK 4x DVD-RW discs successfully).

    I did get a lens cleaner but that seemed to make no difference.

    I know I know ... I should have taken it in ... but I'm lazy and my warranty ended a week or so ago.

    It still works I guess it just got very picky about media ... go figure.

    As long as I can find more DVD-RW discs that it likes then I am fine. That's how I do all my burning as I re-author everything on my computer anyways.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Seeker47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    I will try TDK 4x DVD-RW discs next (I have heard of other Pioneer 5xx/6xx users using the TDK 4x DVD-RW discs successfully) .
    Yeah, that's all I use in -RWs on the 520, works well. CompUSA sells 'em in 25 spindles for about 25 bucks, once in a rare while $20. on a manager's special.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hey, guys, a quick word to let you know that finally my DVD recorder is coming back!!
    They are better to have done a heck of a job, because I had to wait for almost three months!! It seems
    the recorder had serious problems after all....
    I will let you know what informations I can get once I have in my hands (should be two-three days max)
    - You deserve Alberto Sordi! -
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by apicella
    They are better to have done a heck of a job, because I had to wait for almost three months!! It seems
    the recorder had serious problems after all....
    Well, I think I brought myself bad luck....My Pioneer DVR-530 H-S still has the problem!!
    "copy err" after half a minute of burning on a DVD-R...
    After waiting for almost three months for the supposedly repaired unit, I picked up the phone to call the service guy and see what the story was.
    I have to admit he behaved correctly enough, because he gave me the number of the Pioneer lab
    where they sent the unit (I live in a small city) to have some words with him directly.
    This guy was very polite: he told me this is a problem already reported for some units: when copying
    at high velocity on DVD-R some units develop burning problems. He told me he upgraded the software
    as instructed by Pioneer and it seemed to work for him. However, when I said I didn't see any change
    on Verbatim 8x and 4x blank DVDs, he told me to send back to him the unit with the DVD that was not burned
    (or burned only in little part), adding that if it is necessary he will change the whole burner.
    I am now having some hopes, as he said: " no question, the recorder must work, you shouldn't worry, in a way or the other I will get it to work"....
    Luckily enough it will all be done under warranty and I want to thank you guys again for remembering me about
    the warranty some months ago.

    Now that I have the phone number of the guy actually working on the unit, I will try to have some more information...

    maybe my problem deserves a place in the sticky "Fatal flaws", what do you say??

    I will keep you informed...
    - You deserve Alberto Sordi! -
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    My Pioneer DVR-531H-s has been working OK with 2x DVD-RW but doesn't want to burn to a regular DVD-R anymore. That is OK with me because I re-author everything anyways in the computer meaning I prefer to use DVD-RW.

    Also I noticed something a bit odd.

    If I do a FULL ERASE of a DVD-RW on my computer the Pioneer will fail to INITIALIZE it ... however ... if the DVD-RW has data on it and I try to INITIALIZE it in the Pioneer then it will work and it will burn to it A-OK.

    How odd huh? Especially since it didn't have that problem before i.e., I always used to do a FULL ERASE of the DVD-RW on the computer and never had problems with that til recently.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member Seeker47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by apicella
    I am now having some hopes, as he said: " no question, the recorder must work, you shouldn't worry, in a way or the other I will get it to work"....
    Luckily enough it will all be done under warranty
    If necessary, insist on a new replacement burner . . . especially since it sounds like this will be covered under warranty. That part purchased from Pioneer, here in the U.S., if it is out of warranty would cost (a ridiculous) $300. An end-user can apparently buy one elsewhere for a small fraction of that amount, but the repair techs are the ones with the most ready access to a programmed code that allows a replacement burner or HDD to be accepted by the DVDR.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by FulciLives
    My Pioneer DVR-531H-s has been working OK with 2x DVD-RW but doesn't want to burn to a regular DVD-R anymore. That is OK with me because I re-author everything anyways in the computer meaning I prefer to use DVD-RW.
    it sounds our two Pioneers are becoming more and more similar in terms of burning problems...
    I myself managed to burn a DVD-RW with the same titles that didn't burn on the DVD-R.

    However, I couldn't get the PC to read the DVD-RW, do you have any idea why, FulciLives??
    I burned in Video Mode and I did finalize it at the end. However, neither DVD Shrink (Message: Disc has no data), nor DVD Decrypter (Message: Could not recover Toc) could read the DVD-RW...
    - You deserve Alberto Sordi! -
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by apicella
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    My Pioneer DVR-531H-s has been working OK with 2x DVD-RW but doesn't want to burn to a regular DVD-R anymore. That is OK with me because I re-author everything anyways in the computer meaning I prefer to use DVD-RW.
    it sounds our two Pioneers are becoming more and more similar in terms of burning problems...
    I myself managed to burn a DVD-RW with the same titles that didn't burn on the DVD-R.

    However, I couldn't get the PC to read the DVD-RW, do you have any idea why, FulciLives??
    I burned in Video Mode and I did finalize it at the end. However, neither DVD Shrink (Message: Disc has no data), nor DVD Decrypter (Message: Could not recover Toc) could read the DVD-RW...
    Throw out that DVD-RW and try another. Hopefully you still have that recording on the HDD of the Pioneer otherwise forget about it and move on.

    I've had some DVD-RW discs that after a while I just had to throw out. Now I never delete anything from the HDD of the Pioneer until I know the DVD-RW has been ripped without errors to my computer.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK, here are some fresh news:
    I have been keeping the Pioneer service under control after having sent back the unit for the second time,
    together with the not-burned DVD-R. The service guy has just told me that after another firmware upgrade
    the recorder did burn a blank one, but he doesn't have the feeling it is still OK, so he ordered a replacement burner.
    He says that the burning speed is very slow at the start of the burning process and he does hear a "not so right" sound
    (doesn't sound really technical as an analysis, I know.....). He added that there is the possibility of the blank DVD to be
    "sliding" at the beginning of burning process.
    I have to say that it has been a rough time (I bought the recorder in december 2005, brought it in for service in August 2006
    and still waiting to have it working properly), however I can be satisfied with the Pioneer service as it appears they did struggled
    to have it working and in the end they concluded to replace the burner....
    If they did the first time around I could have saved a month, but I don't complain. I just look forward to have it back, I have
    so much stuff to back-up....
    - You deserve Alberto Sordi! -
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    I was having problems with a Pioneer Receiver the VSX 915 ... the unit was not coming on.

    I was outside ... while it was playing a Toby Keith CD ... when I didn't hear it anymore I thought the CD was finished.

    The Blue power light was blinking and wouldn't come back on. I bought it from Etronics on line.

    Etronics told me to call Pioneer and they gave me the phone number. I called Pioneer and the lady on the phone asked me for the serial number ... I gave it to her and she told me that was what she needed to hear from me. And she then told me she would have a letter sent to my address ... giving authorization to ...

    City Video Inc.
    Fresno, CA 93711 ............ to fix it. [this was around July - August 2005]

    They did fix it .... but ... I found out ... a few months later ... the Pioneer VSX-1015TXK ... had better features. And so I got it ... December 2005.
    Now ... I want to get the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV-K ... because it can handle HDMI inputs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD burner (DVR R09-XP) on my pioneer DVR 530h-s has never been able to burn/copy successfully or consistently with other than x8 Sony -R media. The unit was purchased in around April 2006). About three weeks ago, it began to fail - produced lots of coasters. Finally, about one week ago - it stopped burning - it would start a copy process then produce a copy err message several minutes later. I tried several media (x16 -R from Sony, Maxell, Verbatim and HP plus my trusty x8 Sony) with no success. With hints/encouragement from gshelley61, I decided it was do or die and undertook to replace the burner. I bought a pioneer DVR-109 on e-bay (supposed to be new, but didn't seem to be the case - March 2005 manufacture date and scratches) ($38 incl. shipping) but seemed a good deal nevertheless.

    It took this newbie 4 hours (those annoying dropped screws - cost an hour of my time ) but the repair seems to have worked. The R09-XP has this "special" ribbon connector that is not found on retail burners. So it was not simply (for me) remove the case from the DVR-109 and DVR-R09XP and swap them. I had to take off both burner's top cases and open up the bottom sections as well (10 or 11 screws involved - top and bottom). There's a circuit board on each burner that has 3 ribbon cables (a thicker, slimmer and thin copper coloured one). I unclipped the burners' circuit boards, removed the ribbon cables, then swapped the circuit boards and re-attched cables.

    Then from my prior hard drive upgrade, I used the service remote, disk (GG11??) and instructions to enter the CRPM data. All sorts of strange things happened (burner tray remaining open, or not opening, hdd option not selectable, etc.) AND the infamous HDD ERR and incorrect CRPM panel messages. Then I recalled dman_warmans's post (the member who'd said something like DO mess with stuff you're not supposed to) who mentioned the jumper settings. It was a 30-minute ordeal as the burner was already installed (and there's little space to work with) - the jumper pin broke off (so I was in effect installing a broken jumper and new jumper) and I didn't notice (there was the metal bit of broken jumper) 'til 25 mins later. Anyway, with jumper in correct position and after re-entering ID, all is fine. I successfully burned a x16 -R (Sony and Vebatim) and a "never-before-worked" Ritek -R DL. Althouth the burner supports +R/+R DL, the blank +R disk was "incompatible" (assume same for +R DL). Haven't tested with -RWs

    So now I wonder (think I read it wouldn't work) whether with the new service disk (latest firmware disk as Hakan mentioned in a post) an all-write (-/+R. -/+R DL, etc.) is possible.

    Final thought: my inexperienced guess is any pioneer burner might work (if you do it the way I did) with this repair procedure.

    Anyway, I'm so pleased my burner is back in operation. Thanks gshelley61 (and dman_warmans). R/James
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    I would love to try that myself but ...

    I have no service disk ... I do have a service manual (in PDF) ... but no service remote or programmable remote etc.

    Plus the procedure sounds a bit complicated ... I would try it if all it is is screwing this or that but the way you talked about the circuit boards sounds like stuff I don't know how to do.

    I dunno for now mine still seems to work with DVD-RW discs except for a few that I guess I just used one to many times (or got too scratched up) so that works for me since I re-author everything on the computer anyways.

    Might be nice of you to put a guide together should I ever decide to try or of course anyone else. After all it is a popular model.

    I would think the 530/531/533/633 should all be the same more-or-less as they are all from the same "production year" and or very similar to each other.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try to put some clear, detailed instructions together and post them in this thread within the week. Perhaps also on Hakan's site? After the fact, the burner repair/exchange is not that daunting. I have a DVR 530h-s but only have a 533h-s service manual (the manual applies to DVR HS models 531, 533 and 633). I think it was gshelly61 who mentioned one does not really need the manual for this DVD repair? I tend to agree - good instructions and photos are better. Essential is the service remote and service disk.
    Quote Quote  
  14. james10s, that would be awesome if you could post a guide like that.

    I have a refurbished 531H-s, and I like it a lot. Of course, it won't last forever and sooner or later the burner and/or hard drive will go out. I'd like to be prepared ahead of time for this by getting a better understanding of how to swap out the drive or burner if/when needed.

    Thanks!!!
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    I realize it is not a Pioneer but I have the Panasonic EH50 DVD Recorder with a 100GB harddrive.

    I am satisfied with the results. 1st one I bought was a open box [no box ... just a thick plastic bag] sitting on a table in Circuit City in Fresno Calif.

    I originally went to Circuit City in Visalia and there was one on display on their shelves.
    But the sales person refused to sell it to me.

    So as I was traveling down the road back to my town I used my cell phone and called CC in Fresno. They had one there and I jumped on Freeway 99 and bought it. A few days later I went over to Visalia again ... it was gone ... *******s ... either they were keeping it for themselves or I should have pressured the salesperson or asked the manager if they would sell it.

    Then I started checking Ebay and I bought three more ... one of the units has not been fired up to see if it works ... the other two work ... so I am not worried. I use one in my living room and the other is in my bedroom. The TV Guide program did work with my Comcast Cable ... but I've cancelled Comcast and I now use Directv.

    Very easy to use the Directv HR-10 it can spit out a S-VHS signal that is 480i.

    When I have something recorded to its 250 GB HD ... I have the option to use the VCR function which displays for a few seconds a description of the show I am sending to my VCR/DVR and then the actual show/movie begins.

    I have to make sure I change the output to 480i or the EH50 will not see anything to record. Just to make sure everything is as it should be I have a small 13" TV for monitoring purposes.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well, lads, yesterday my Pioneer 503-H came back and this time they did change the DVD burner...
    Happily enough everything now works smoothly and I also managed to understand why I couldn't
    read DVD-RW burned by the Pioneer on my laptop. It was just a problem with the internal Toshiba DVD unit on
    the laptop, now I got an external DVD writer from Samsung and it can see the DVD-RW all right....

    It sounds that there is a good bunch of Pioneer units with failing DVD burners, so I believe this should be mentioned
    in the fatal flaws sticky thread....

    BTW, I feel so lucky this happened to me still under warranty, just looking at the james10s post was kind of scary...
    (not sure I could get to very end of the procedure all by myself)...

    anyway, as christopheramos pointed out, one should be prepared to these events when they happen,
    so having a reliable document is very useful. I'd recommend to put stuff as simple as possible, james10s, just pretend you are trying to
    explain this to a eight-year old kid.....mmmhhh, still smarter than me....make it a eighty-years-old granma - that is more or less my level
    - You deserve Alberto Sordi! -
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    My previous post might have put people off this DVD burner repair/replacement. The procedure is relatively simple (sounds like it's easier for pioneer recorder units like the 510hs or 520hs whose burners may not have the 530hs's/630hs's "special" ribbon connector. With the 510hs and 520hs, it appears you simply replace the old burner with a new one of a similar series - then use the service remote and data disk to delete and re-input CPRM ID#). Below is the procedure I used for my pioneer 530hs. You need the pioneer service remote and correct service data disk. I used a retail pioneer DVR-109 burner to replace the 530hs's failed DVR-109-XP:

    1. Turn on pioneer recorder unit (I'll refer to it as the "unit") and remove any disk in the DVD tray. While the tray is open, remove its face plate (by gently/firmly tilting/sliding plate out). Then power off.
    2. Unplug unit from power/mains. Remove necessary screws so you can take off the unit's top cover.
    3. Remove front panel section (bezel) of the unit.
    4. The DVD burner ("burner") has metal plates screwed into its sides, which plates are screwed to the unit's bottom. Remove the screws attaching the metal plates to the unit's bottom and free the burner. Before the burner is free, you have to unplug the power supply cable. Also disconnect special ribbon cable from burner's special connector (leave the ribbon cable connected to unit's motherboard). Remove screws fastening metal side plates to burner.
    5. Next, remove the (10 - 12?) screws holding the burner's top and bottom cover plates.
    6. With bottom of burner face up, you should see the 3 cables attached to one of burner's two circuit boards - detach the 2 ribbon cables and the 3rd brown/copper-coloured cable. The thin brown cable comes up above the board through an opening cut into the board.
    7. Unclip the circuit board from the body of the burner. This is the bit (i.e., circuit board with "special" connector) that you will place on your new burner.
    8. Repeat these steps on your new burner. Note: new burner won't have that "special" connector.
    9. Now, place circuit board from your unit's (make sure you don't confuse old and new burner) original burner on new burner. As you do that, pass the thin brown cable (from your new burner) through the hole in the circuit board. Use pliers or strong tweezers to attach the three cables. Then clip the circuit board back onto the burner.
    10. Re-attach burner's metal side plates and secure burner to unit by screwing metal side plates to unit's floor.
    11. Attach power and ribbon cable to burner's "special" connector. IMPORTANT: At this point or before you secure burner to unit, attach jumper (I believe "master" setting is correct one. The new burner's information sheet should indicate the jumper settings).
    12. Replace all screws and cables. Replace unit's front panel.
    13. Replace unit's top cover. [I believe Hakan's site may have photos(?) showing screws attaching face plate and position of clips securing the faceplate/bezel. Otherwise, you might need to refer to the service manual.]
    14. Connect up (a video cable will allow you to view progress on TV monitor, otherwise on unit's display panel) and power on unit. Attach (clip on) the DVD tray's faceplate.
    15. With the unit on and in its standby state, use the service remote to delete and re-input CPRM identity data.
    16. When prompted, physically open unit's tray and place service data disk in tray and close tray. When it's done, remove service disk. Turn off the unit - then turn it on again. [Steps 15 and 16 are detailed in the pioneer hard drive upgrade procedure on this and other threads in this forum.]

    Your pioneer unit's burner should now work as new. I estimate the entire procedure should take 30 to 45 minutes - if you don't rush through it. An experienced person may be able to replace the burner in less than 15 mins?

    Of course, all this is DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. [You void the unit's warranty if you carry out these HD and DVD procedures.] When I have time, I'll try to add photos to the various stages of this procedure. Hkan's site might be a good host for this.
    R/James

    p.s: I'd like to attempt to install a burner in my 530h-s that can write to -/+ R disks. Sounds like a long shot, but may be with the firware of unit that can do that (such as 640h-s)?. If anyone has done it, please PM. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member PuzZLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Search Comp PM
    I revived this thread over a year later to point out my problem was solved with info from here. I had a similar problem here in case it helps someone.

    Thank you FulciLives for this thread.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Just for the record, since this thread has been revived for a moment, I'd like to add my revised two cents.

    I have been using-repairing every Pioneer DVR model for the last several years, including the 510, 520, 531, 633, 540 and 640. These threads and Hakans website have been critically helpful in making repairs affordable for us DIY service types. It can get a little complicated at times, but once you have the instructions and the tools home repair almost always works. Note, however, I just used the qualifier "almost"...

    Any of you looking to repair a 2005 USA model 531, 533 or 633 should be warned that these models are an absolute HORROR to service. They are ten times more difficult than the other Pioneers because of their nasty hare-brained implementation of the TVGOS timer software and their wide range of unit-to-unit firmware-hardware version interactions. Each 2005 unit is slightly different than the other which makes all repair instructions for them only a suggestion, not gospel- you have to experiment, A LOT. While you might think this would not have any effect on a simple burner replacement, think again:

    In the past two years I have updated or replaced the HDD and/or burner in half a dozen 531-533-633 units, it was extremely tedious but always successful. Recently, I took a chance on a couple of 531 floor demo models I picked up very cheaply due to DVD drive issues (each unit would play DVDs but not record). When I replaced the burners, THE HDDs TANKED. Now the new burners work perfectly but the HDDs are completely inaccessible: you can't even get to the Navigator screen on the HDD. This was the result of following the same burner replacement procedure outlined above, which has worked every time in the past. Now, these units simply will not recognize any HDD, period, not even a replacement HDD and not even if I put back their original faulty burners. So, they're now useless.

    I guess my point here is that the 531-533-633 series is NOT the best choice for home servicing- they are extremely difficult to work on at best, and at worst they can self-destruct right under your nose. When they are working correctly they are excellent recorders, especially for transferring unstable VHS. But have them professionally serviced if you can possibly afford it- there are just too many traps and glitches in the 2005 models. By contrast the earlier and later models are a breeze to service, with the 2006 and later (640 on) units being damn near indestructible (almost no breakdown complaints on the forums after two+ years). When shopping second-hand Pioneers, always factor in possible service issues on the 2005 models.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member PuzZLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Orsetto: Thank you for your information. As I have solved my problem, I do have the understanding that it may be a temporary solution (as per some discussion in PM with others as well).

    I am happy it works, but also happy because it gives me a buffer of time to shop around instead of scrambling desperately. I am not going to be complacent this time, even if I do end up having two working recorders - it's no big deal since a backup for security is always handy (instead of ugghhhhh, a VCR.... )

    I am considering your advice even more strongly now since eyeing an ongoing deal in my area for a Pioneer 650 - a gem in my opinion.

    Yes, I agree, when the machines are working I too believe it's hard to beat the functionality, and even the video recording quality of a Pioneer. With your comments I feel even more confident that grabbing this new Pioneer will be a good decision.

    Cheers,
    Geordie.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member Knightmessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I just won a Pioneer DVR 533 on eBay. I was trying to record from my camcorder and thought I had done it right. (The recorder is hooked up to a tv so I know it received the picture) I finalized the disc but it won't play on anything. Not even my computer. Just the disc file popped up but I don't think they were video data files. I can see that the disc has been written to by looking at the back. Still, it behaves like a data disc.

    Now, it didn't come with the manuel so it's hard to know what I did wrong. Basically I don't understand what Initialize does or means. I don't understand the different recording types and the "if you select this now, you won't be able to select this mode" message. I couldn't find how to change the recording modes from XP to SP. Instead I ended up with this custom graph chart that allowed me to set the recorder for 1 hour 18 min. It even let me preview the video at that setting. I think I might have used VR mode but I don't know what that is compared to the regular mode.

    So any idea what I did? I know I was in dvd mode instead of hard drive the whole time. So why would I be able to record and finalize a dvd without it playing video? What is VR mode? If the manuel was somewhere online, that could help too.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member PuzZLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Search Comp PM
    I understand your questions fully, but would need pages to answer them my friend. What I can suggest is contact Pioneer somehow and get a manual from them. I'm sure someone in this thread may have something for you too via digital version - check your PM.

    Is there a very specific question maybe I can help you with though?

    BTW - do you have NeroVision? Why don't you put the disc into your PC and import it through NeroVision. I do this all the time since I do most of my edits/processing/etc on my PC anyway and the beautiful thing is that you don't have to finalize your discs either since NeroVision can find the data on it anyway - DvD video, VR mode, or unfinalized, no problem.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  23. What is VR mode?
    It is "Video Recording" mode and is not compatible with most players. Use Video Mode and you should be ok.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    You can download a PDF manual from the Pioneer website. You do have to register using an e-mail account of some sort but it is free to register and free to download the manual.

    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman

    P.S.
    I found it but it was kinda tricky so in order to make your life easier ... since I'm such a nice guy and all ... I uploaded the PDF to rapidshare.com

    Here is the link to download ---> http://rapidshare.com/files/106013466/266785436DVR533HSOperatingInstructions.pdf

    The file is approximately 7.9MB so it shouldn't take long to download
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer DVR-530H-S fw3.56 400GB HDD
    discoverer of 2nd hidden menu
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member PuzZLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Search Comp PM
    If you still can't get it for any reason, I now have a PDF copy of the 533 manual myself. Just PM me (assuming, of course, it's Ok with Mods to offer this).
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member Knightmessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I think I understand what happened now. A few questions:
    How do I switch it back from VR mode to regular video mode?
    How do I change the video mode recording speed from XP to SP and back? (remember I don't have the remote)
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member PuzZLeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like you may have to purchase a remote from Pioneer's parts department. There are so many things you'll miss out on without it, including recording settings, programming, etc... It's only about $30-$40US I think. As well, these remotes are so much more detailed than most universal remotes you see at stores. Nevertheless, I hope you got a great deal on eBaY that would justify this extra expense.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    Without the remote you are toast ... like PuzZLer says ... check out the Pioneer website and purchase one.

    Without the remote you are dead in the water as the saying goes ...

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member Knightmessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    It was less than 200. I wanted one that I thought wouldn't need a remote because it has the menu keys on the machine itself. I'm only using it to record stuff from my video camera so I don't need to worry about tv recording.

    Can I still switch it back to normal video mode anyway?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads