VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I've been burning DVD's for a while now using ConvertXtoDVD and have never seen this problem before, was wondering if someone could enlighten me if they know what the problem is.

"Write error at 0 (32) - 03 73 02 [Medium error, PCA Full, cannot write anymore]"

Thanks

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a failure to write to the Power Calibration Area of the DVD near the center of the disc. You can only do this 99 times with a disc. Since you probably haven't done this 99 times with that disc, it's either a problem with the media or a problem with the burner. The burner does a power calibration of the laser with the disc to see what speed it can be written to before each burn. It's almost always a hardware problem, not related to the software you used.

Try some different media first. It's similar to a power calibration error, but that error is usually because it couldn't complete the calibration. In your case, it couldn't start because it thinks no space is left there. If a different brand of media doesn't fix it, then your burner is having a problem. You could try cleaning the laser lens, sometimes that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks ive been burning a few dvd's recently with the same media and it's wored fine as well as the burner itself. Ive had no problems so far. I hope its just the disk and not a problem with the burner my computer is not even 2 years old yet.

Wait ive just tried to eject the disk and now its giving me a red light like its supposed to be burning but i closed off the burning program a while ago . hummm dont sound good but ConvertXtoDVD was giving problems also because when I cancelled the burning process it never really stopped it. I had to force it to close that might explain the eject issue im having. Should i push something in the manuel eject button on the burner?

Ejected manuelly through my computer and it worked fine but I still need to know wether its a burner problem or the media i used.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could the actual DVD files be what is causing my problem? because I used another disk and it ruined it just like it did the first time I burned this file. When I look at the disk it appears to have data on it but when I open it through my computer theres no data on the disk. I got this message when I burned the file.

Also I trascoded and burned another DVD before retrying this one and it worked fine. Therefore I dont think its a problem with my burner.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried transcoding in convertxtodvd and burning with nero since the convert.. wasnt working and after burning one dvd it worked fine. Now I tried again transcoded in conver... and burned with nero and now I got the message

"session fixation error
    could not perform end of disc-at-once"

this is the 5 disc its wated lol.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Still sounds like shit media (or a bad batch, at least) or a problem with your burner, or perhaps a little of both.

Have you got other media you can try ?

Have you got access to another PC (a friend's for example) that you could put your burner in ?

Try re-flashing the firmware on the burner ?

Try creating an ISO Image with folder2iso and burning with IMGBurn ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote