VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How would I go about reducing the bitrate of an AC3 to a lower bitrate AC3 file?
    "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age,
    which means never losing your enthusiasm."
    - Aldous Huxley
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What program are you using to convert to AC3? If you are looking for more space for video encoding bitrate for a DVD, you won't get a lot of gain by reducing the AC3 bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can I use goldwave or BeSweet? Or you can reccomend some other? The dvd is not over that much, the total size is 4.42 GB.
    - Aldous Huxley
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. It is normal for Belight to take 15 minutes to reduce a 179 MB AC3 file with a bitrate of 192 to a 119 MB AC3 file with a bitrate of 128?
    - Aldous Huxley
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, it's normal. Personally, I don't think it's too bright to lower the bitrate of a 192 AC3. There are other better ways to reduce the size of a DVDR by a little bit. One might be to use DVD Shrink. Another might be to reencode just the credits (opening or end) for a lower bitrate and stick them back into the DVD. A third might be to still a menu or 2 if you have motion menus. Depends on what you know how to do.
    Quote Quote  
  7. How would I reenocd just the credits (opening or end) for a lower bitrate and stick them back into the DVD?
    - Aldous Huxley
    Quote Quote  
  8. Demux the cell containing the credits using PGCDemux. Reencode them for a smaller size, author the credits and stick them back into the DVD using VobBlanker.

This assumes that the end credits are long enough that they can be shrunk down without completely detroying them. Depends on how much you have to shave off the DVDR, and how big they are to begin with.

You could always cut them out, or a part of them out, using the cutting part of VobBlanker. I wouldn't do that, but some people don't mind losing a part of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Doesn't seem like I can reencode the opening and ending as it run together with part of the movie. There are 6 cells and each one is about 20 minutes in length. I will probably run it through DVD Shrink with 98.5% compression.
    - Aldous Huxley
    Quote Quote