VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello there,

I haven't posted here in a while, nice to see it still looks familiar. Any way my question is: do you know of a way to force autogk use a certain xvid profile like advanced simple @ L5 when it encodes? I typically use gordianknot and set the profile selection manually for divx/xvid standalone player compatibility, but it would be nice to be able to use autogk for ease of use.

I've tried adjusting the xvid profile levels directly and setting the xvid encoder settings, but autogk doesn't seem to adhere to them. Is there some autogk settings file where this can be altered or something? Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know AutoGK either uses MTK or hometheatre profiles depending on whether it is set to ESS or MTK and there is no way to change that. So you would have to use something else or modify XviD, renaming ASP@L5.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hmm that's too bad if that's true and thanks for taking the time to respond. If anyone knows any different please feel free to respond. Meanwhile I'll just continue using regular gordianknot I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If anyone knows any different please feel free to respond.

celtic_druid is correct.

I typically use gordianknot and set the profile selection manually for divx/xvid standalone player compatibility,

Both the AutoGK ESS and MTK options are designed for standalone compatability, perhaps the ESS option a bit more.

Is there some autogk settings file where this can be altered or something?

No. Are you claiming that using AutoGK with the ESS chipset option enabled makes XviDs somehow not compatible with your, or any other, DVD/MPEG-4 player?
    Quote Quote  
  5. actually thanks to celtic druids post I looked it up and found the hidden options menu (something I didn't know existed cause I never felt the need to look up guides/manuals for autogk). The standalone compatibility option was turned off on mine, so I will have to play around with it.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oh, so you didn't install it right in the first place? Then reinstall and enable the option. That'll be better than changing it every time in the Hidden Options.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the suggestion (in my rather slight defense the standalone option is unchecked by default during installation. Not a good excuse, but I didn't even have a standalone when I first installed it, let alone worry about ess vs mtk based standalones). So I did that now and having tested ess versus mtk, will definitely be going with ess. Thanks for all the help guys. A little , but hey I learned something new.
    Quote Quote