VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    What is the best workflow to convert a multi-DVD TV series containing several episodes per disc to individual Divx files (one file per episode)? I'm looking for the least amount of user intervention. I own the following tools:

-AnyDVD
    -DVDClone
    -DVDClone Mobile
    -Womble MPEG Video Wizard (an editor)
    -Divx 6.2 Pro
    -Nero 7

I had hoped that DVDClone Mobile could do this automatically, but it appears that it will only produce one Divx file per disc (not one per episode). See related thread.

It seems that that my choices are (1) use an editor to read the VOBs and save each episode as a divx file, one at a time or (2) use DVDCloneMobile to save an entire disc to one divx file, then use an editor to cut the file into separate divx files. Either way, this seems like more work than it should be.

TIA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried virtualdubmod??? It has a batch option. You should be able to use it to open multiple vobs and spit out a divx from each vob in batch mode (probably best to have each episode ripped as a single vob).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use DVDShrink to select each episode, save out to ISO for each. Use FairUse (Batch Mode) to create each AVI file. Works great for me. The only time consuming part is with DVDShrink, but each episode is only about 25-26 min each (Have Gun Will Travel) TV Series.

Bud
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The start/end of VOBs is not necessarily the same as the start/end of the episodes, but the DVD menu "knows" where each episode starts and ends. I'm surprised that nobody has developed a tool which will read the dvd menu and present you with a checkbox list of the items on the disc that you can use to select which one(s) you want and don't so you can save directly to AVI.

DVDCloneMobile from Slysoft sort of does this, but it would only create ONE divx file from NINE episodes on a dvd.

I'll play around with VirtualDubMod and DVDShrink and see if either makes the job any easier. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote