VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Nice job! SSD must be great for reading those video files. If you have equipment you used and USB adapter that might be helpful information to others
    Last edited by bithead9; 27th Feb 2021 at 20:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes mate like I said in PM it's straight forward just like putting a mechanical drive in with the right attachments.

I use one of these to attach it to the ide on the machine this is called a IDE to SATA Adapter

Then when I take it out of the unit I attached this which is a SATA to USB Adapter, this works and powers up a SSD drive when inserted into a USB slot on your PC

All my devices are now being upgraded to 500GB SSD drives (the one in the picture is only a 256GB drive but I have tested a 500GB and it works).

It will come up with an error but soon as you turn the machine on and off it works perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    looks good! I have tested the IDE SATA on the DVD burners before and mixed results. Those pics will help others that might want to do the same
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have noticed whatever IDE DVD burner I have attached to the lite-on has worked not had one fail and I have tried quite a lot, though I have never tried a SATA DVD drive via one of these adapters. When using the adapter for the SSD drive it looks like it hasn't worked at 1st because an error comes up at the bottom of the screen, like it does when you try and boot up without the hard drive attached, though if you turn the device off and back on it works, it also works if you wait a minute or so without turning the device off and on.
    Last edited by lojelo5; 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:43.
    Quote Quote