VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Unless I am loosing my mind, my post at time index: 27th Feb 2011 18:42 said to use exacly that link and there are several DOWNLOAD buttons big as day. You pick the one for your USA unit ILO, LITEON etc. Good luck with your conversion to 512GB and the DVD drive repalcement. Its lots of fun to play with these units.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Actually, Batchman didn't particularly want to use any particular firmware update, but just wanted to find out which one(s) I would likely need to use. Between the three of you, it's pretty well established! Thanks to all three of you!

Looking forward to this!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hard drive arrived, installed it, formatted fine, everything is wonderful.

Still had to install it upside-down ... if I had tried to install it right-side-up, it probably wouldn't have fit in the case ... I would have needed new cables because the ide cable and the power cable were both too short to swap places ... and even without those two problems, the bridge would not have fit.

Thanks all for your help ... my ilo is fully back in business, and much more of a powerhouse!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I recently dusted down my old Philips DVDR 520H following the death of a Panasonic DVD recorder. The Philips works well but I have never managed to hack it. Nowadays an 80GB is pathetic - and the CP is annoying when I wanted to preserve my VHS collection.
    Bithead9 did you ever manage to get a firmware hack working with the 520H?
    If so, any chance of posting it?

Thanks in advance guys,

The Prof
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Prof., in the spirit of helping, I remember bithead9 posting it before and I found the thread. Look in the 13th post in the link below, the file is there.

Here's the link to the Philips HDD replacement thread.

Just noticed that you are in the UK, I believe tis file is for the US model, I don't think it's compatible as the file is produced from the US firmware.

Hopefully bithead9 will chime in.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/327843-Phlilps-DVR520H-HDD-replace-help
    Last edited by CrazyCanuck; 6th Oct 2012 at 09:16. Reason: add more info (UK issue)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much - I know the Philips is positively ancient nowadays but it's still giving good service. Prof.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I sent a PM to the Prof. I can probably help you out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I know this is super old but by any chance anyone have a copy of this firmware?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Here's the site where they're all stored. Not knowing where you're from pick the appropriate flag to access the firmware required.
    http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/liteon.htm
    Quote Quote  
  10. I had that site but the issue was the downloads not working at the time
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just tried it and seems to be working now as I just downloaded the 5045 US firmware in about a minute.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I still have copies of the USA and UK versions...so if two wheels goes down drop me a PM.
    Quote Quote