FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The link is def. active:
    http://groups.google.com/group/techassist/files?pli=1
    Try again. should bring up a list of files and you pick one
    called: WMJA1201.DA0
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks , that link worked, I've downloaded the file. I just wanted to know and trying to save myself a step, I allready have a 250GB installed in the ILO at 64K cluster size with Liteonfat, I guess I can go right ahead and flash this version, does this assumption appear to be reasonable? seems to be.

Also about the sata/ide adapter, for a larger sata HDD, can I use a USB Sata-to-Ide adapter and just cut off the USB cable and use with a power adapter and sata data cable to power and connect, or is it a Sata/IDE converter board that needs to be fitted?

Let the fun begin !!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I never used a USB adapter. I recommend you get one like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812206001
    It is designed to convert an SATA drive to IDE controller ribbon cable. It is powered via the existing 4 pin style power connector.
    As for the 250GB drive if you formatted exactly as a Liteon it will be OK. If you decide to do a FORMAT (aka an ERASE in the Liteon) then after you apply the firmware update the liteon will format ANY drive size up to the 1TB limit (1005GB). So you should notice NO difference in the firmware behavior unless you are replacing the HDD with another. Make sense?
    Now if you hack up a USB adapter for the HDD I'd love to see how that works!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is my 5045 with sata adapter in place.

liteon5045sata.gif

I used an old power supply and cut off the floppy power adapter and hooked to a standard IDE power
    female recepticle. I soldered it but you could get away with twisting them together and taping with electrical
    tape. I just enjoy soldering! LOL
    Quote Quote  
  5. WOW, that was painless, works like a charm. My ILO's 250 GB HDD was already formatted at 64K cluster size and had the full capacity (55 hrs at HQ) and smart hacker already applied to the system but could never erase it as it brought it right back down to 80GB. I also had a few recordings over 1 GB in size residing on the HDD.

I downloaded the file from your link, tried to pass it through the ilo smart hacker and the program didn't like the file, it only gave me the detail that it didn't find the macrovision string and no other detail, I've seen that program do that before when I inadvertanly tried to pass a zip folder through or a uncompatible file, so wasn't too worried as I presumed it was an image and not a file, anyways I burnt the download, finalized the disc and updated the ILO HD04 as usual.

Powered back up, looked at my recordings, they were still there after the flash, tested them to see if they were playing pass the 1GB mark (15 minutes if the recording is at HQ, 30 minutes if on SP and so on) recordings were fine, this tells me that the file formats the HDD clusters at the 64K size and not the 32K. I forced a HDD scan (pulled the plug while playing a recording) to simulate a power outage and the HDD scanned and all the recordings were again fine after the 1GB mark.

Checked my S/N on setup and nothing had changed, it still showed that it was region free and MV disabled (010), checked my record modes and LP was still there. Fed a dvd player and was able to record CP protected content, no problem.

After I verified my recordings were intact and that I hadn't loss the Ilo hack, I erased the whole HDD, not a glitch, worked fine, got 110 hrs on SP (expected for a 250GB), and looked again at my setup and tested the tools again and no issue whatsover.

From what I can tell, I can only assume that the file was already hacked or that it only addresses the formatting leaving everything else as it was.

All I can say at this point is that I can confirm it works on my ILO.

A million thanks bithead9 !!!.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the pics, I too like to solder, here's what I did to my 80GB SD PVR (we can rent or own our PVRs here). Upgrade to a 160GB, and installed a sata port to connect HDDs from the exterior, and yes all twisted soldered and individually tapped, even the yellow sata cable you see!!!

Another username, crazycanuck is not very original, it was already spoken for on that forum!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Soldat723/MotorolaDCT3080PVRHDDProject
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That was a QUICK post certification of that patch! Nice. Yes I guess when I dowloaded the Ilo fw I must have picked the one that was alreay hack by Guitarman. Most people what the mv and region features anyway. Now when you run out of room or get greedy for more disk space you can drop a SATA and format with now problems. Now of course I never test with a drive greater than 640GB so who knows exacly how high it will work. I think that anything under a Terabyte is prob OK. MikeB cautioned that once you get over a certain size then counters and buckets for hours might be stored in too small a value and can get cosmetic display errors. But it should not break anything. If anyone tests with a 1TB or bigger, I'd like to hear those results.
    BTW - Are there other clones that need to be patched ? If so just drop me a line on where to get the fw and I will be happy to apply the same bandages to those.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are one Crazy Canuck! Those pics are great! Did you have to hack the firmware in the the DCT ? If so is it JTAG or BDM ? Interesting stuff. Looks like you can offload your recordings via the rear port to your PC ? that is very cool. And the end result looks nice. Not a total hack job on the case (like some I have seen).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI - I updated the link to the Rosewill I originally linked to the opposite type. It is now correct.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I had the ILO packed away so was able to do it quick without having to copy recordings off of it

On the PVR, the sata port is not for offloading but to connect another HDD if the internal gets too full. It's a little testy, I've crapped recordings because of cheap/bad sata data connectors. I stopped switching HDDs and found that 120 hrs of SD capacity is plenty for now for my watch-and-erase needs.

I saw the pic with the converter board in the 5045, very nice. For me I think I'll stick to 500GB IDE as a max. and I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind patches for the 740gx US (LNPAU028) and the 760gx US (LNPBU028) if they're available.

I'm aware that the 760GX is being tested, but I haven't seen anything for the 740gx. The firmwares (028) for both can be found here http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=75. The Ilo hacker doesn't do anything to these files other than dropping the region code be one, I can do that with the remote.

Thanks again, and now gone to flash my other two HD04s !!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the updated link for the converter, now I can see the deed. Had some problems trying to figure out the reversed one. I might try to do it to one of my ILO's just for kicks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just uploaded the patch on my second ILO HD04 and took the time to do some more observations. It was already formatted at full capacity (250GB 110 hrs. at SP) so before applying the patch I erased the HDD and it reverted back to 80GB values (33 hrs at SP). I applied the patch, powered up and it still said 33 hrs. at SP. Erased the HDD, now with the patch applied, and the capacity was back up to its full capacity (110 at SP).

That tells me that one can flash the HD04, take out the 80GB, take a brand new large HDD (jumper setting on MASTER) install it in the HD04 and do a full HDD erase of the large HDD and you're in business, at full capacity of the HDD, circumventing the whole PC process, as simple as that. For the PC-challenged users, this is a great tool.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah. That was the whole purpose of MikeB patching the fw originally. To make this a "no brainer" for the general user. Plus a power down scan will no longer corrupt a PC formatted HDD. When I saw all those Euro fw patched, I just HAD to reverse engineer it and patch my own. I've learned a good bit in the process too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK the A740GX has been patched too. Same link file name is: LNPAU028.DA3 should handle drives up to 1Terabyte just like the others.
    Additionally the A760GX is done. File: LNPBU028.DA3 Have fun folks!
    Quote Quote  
  15. bithead9

The 21/2 hr mode is for a Recording mode. The just fit option for DVD disks Not the HDD is somewhat of a problem but I feel resolution would be fine at 21/2.

The ilo RDHD04 Main Board and Power Supply are exactly the same as the US liteon LVW 5045 The front has a different appearance. The Firmware restricts the ilo as to the full 5045 features. The remotes are the same only a different color and logo
    It is the this unit that was attempted to covert to a 5045

The ilo R04 Main Board and Power Supply are the Same as the liteon LVW5005 but they have a different front apperance. The remotes are different and so are the remote codes,
    Again it’s a firmware issue.

The liteon 5005x is all-rite and is mainly a liteon LVW.5005. It has other featores not available to the ilo and cannot be hacked
    The 5005x] is a re-bagged ilo R04. And has the same remotes but again the firmware Restricts it
    It is this unit that could be transformed from an R04 to a liteon 5000x{and back}
    As a R04 it has all the virtues of the R04 and as a 5005x it has all the virtues of the 5005x

PS
    The hack is for Analog MV but will give a 3 hr recording mode to units that do not already have it. and region set.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Q1: OK so the 5045 has the JUST FIT option and the RDHD04 does not. Is that correct ?

Q2: Is the 2 1/2 hour record DVD mode on the 5045 ?

I never used many of the DVD features. (sorry for my lack of use knowledge) but I mostly use for HD record and
    buring video to DVD from HDD.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Q1 --- No Both the 5045 and RHDO4 have just fit For th DVD ONLY
    Q2 --- No Neither Have it for DVD or HDD

I also do not use the RHD04 or the 5045, often for DVD [disk] recording

I really feel a 21/2 hour recording mode for the 5045 and RHDO4 would solve any resolution issue

EDIT

Your patch will make it far more easy for many that require a larger HDD

Thanks for the Good Work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK the Phillips firmware has been updated as well. File PHJB2196.DA3 at the same link expands the HDD to a max of 1092GB (almost 1.1 Terabytes). Not sure if anyone here has the Philips but it was available so I patched it. Hopefully someone can test.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding the 2 1/2 hour mode vs 3hr mode. I am thinking that the incremental values are built into the Dimension chipset. Since the original hack for 3hr on the non-5045 units was simply a bitsetting. There do not appear to be any values that are adjustable (as the HDD sector size). However I am not giving up yet. I will continue to compare the fw files and see if I can detect anything useful. This is a spare time project so its not going to get too much attention.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The DiMeNsion chipset can pretty much do anything, just look at the 5-minute increments in older-model JVC FR modes.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have a fw for the JVC or is that online somewhere ? thx comparing that may be helpful 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK - PLEASE tell me what unit does the 2 1/2 ?? There have been so many posts now I am confused. Do you have a Liteon that does this ? If so what model and firmware ? BTW - that link is up. If you send me your email address I will invite you as a member and then you always have access. I think with public files there can be problems. But if you a member (like I am) never have an issue accessing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a comprehensive list of DVD recorders that use the Dimension chipset ? If so can somone point me in that direction ? I'd like to get User manuals (in PDF format) and firmware for each unit. The more info we amass on the units that have same chipset as the Liteon and Ilo the better chance we have of a successful hack.
    Quote Quote  
  24. bithead9

I downloaded WMJA1201.DAO from the site given.
    The save option said File WMJA1201 – [No Extension DAO was indicated]

The file was burned to a blank CD disk and was the only file on it
    This file was WMJA1201 and had no extension DAO. The file size was 5,144 -which is correct.
    I do not feel the RHD04 would accept this as a proper firmware file without the DAO extension
    I did not attempt an install

I did the burn 3 times with [Nero ] I have not had any such issue with any firmware as they have all had a proper. file ext

EDIT
    As said Niether the liteom or the ilo have a 21/2 recirding mode
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to RIGHT click on the click on WMJA1201.DA0 and do a SAVE AS then you will see the DA0 suffix there. It is stored and you should save in the same way. If you just click on the file it opens a IE window and it looses the suffix.
    Maybe I need to change the links ? Sorry for the confusion. But I just followed the above instruction and it saved OK.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK - I reuploaded it as a RAR file that way the filename will be 100% preserved. DL WMJA1201.RAR and you will see. That should decompress fine. *** Update: OK I got rid of the one WMJA1201.DA0 and there are only WMJA1201.zip and WMJA1201.rar - give either of these a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding the recording mode. If neither Litoen/Ilo have this feature its not likely to get it. We need a firmware to compare to (at the very least). if you know another clone that has the feature and I can comare the fw there is a small chance it will work. Otherwise the opportunity is very small, especially without any interface documentation and the vxworks development kit.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Right Click Left Click --- [OH My]

The file is now in a zip format and Urn- Zipped is a WMJAA1201.DAO amd 5,144 in size.
    It looks OK, BUT I personally have no problem in installing larger drive, if I needed it.and a full erace of the HDD is not often needed

As said I would really like the ilo RHD04 to have the features 0f a liteon 5045.
    It would be Nice if either Had a 21/2 hr recording mode but this can be handled

The files at Guitarnan's site [you mentioned it in a post] are trusted both un-hacked or hacked.
    It does become a question of Concerns. Some files will not allow a return to a feature wanted.
    I do not feel this might be a problem with these units [But]

A s another person in a post.,at another site Said [Never change Firmware unless its absolutely Necessary.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like good advice to me. This patch makes it possible for a newbie to put a new HDD in their unit and not have to hook it to a PC. You get the full formatted capacity of the drive. If you don't need the update then don't do it. I only posted here to provide help for others. If you don't need the help, GREAT. If you are willing to test fw that make the ILO more like the 5045 then let me know. If not I will not work on any other changes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like MikeB posted the USA firmware here:
    http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/liteon.htm
    Thanks Mike!
    Quote Quote