VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Who is going to win the 2006 World Cup? part 2

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still voting Germany...

and if you don't like real football you don't need to participate in this topic...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM

France is very good team.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and if you don't like real football you don't need to participate in this topic...
    -Yeah.....that's it, Baldrick! Some guys who don't like football (soccer) may get back to play with their dolls. lol lol lol
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a saying (at least in my country):

"The soccer is the game in which other play and Germany wins!"

I'm affraid that that is going to happen here.
    My favorites, the teams I like to watch, Brazil and England, are out, so I vote for Portugal.

Oh, no! You have left the poll option "I don't care!"
    I wonder if those advocates for "I don't care" would come again to torture.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I voted "I don't care" in both polls. And have refrained from commentary because I really don't. But it might be interesting to add the option "I no longer care" for those whose teams are already out and have lost interest.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  6. Normally, I woud be sad, but I'm not. Brazil deserved to be eliminated because "walked on the field". I think it was one of the worst match Brazil have ever played.
    I'd like Portugal won, but this Cup will go to German hands.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well i'm going for Germany. BTW thanks Baldy

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Brazil deserved to be eliminated
    -Você está certo... I do agree with you; as I've said before, Brazil may have a lot of stars but they didn't know how to play as a team. Go Portugal, Go!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM

We are still sad

But sports is this way There is a time to win and a time to lost

Like Baron Cupertain said * Important is not to win but is to compete *

But dont worry we will be back 2010 on South Africa To be Champion

GO BRAZIL!!!!! Vive BRAZIL and Vive la France why not!!!!!!

Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Argentina and Brasil are out...

So Go Portugal...

But for me it was a big shcock to see these teams goint away...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vive BRAZIL
    -What's this? You mean, Viva o Brasil or Vive le Brésil ?! lol lol
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    I'm back from Germany. I watched 5 games and the best was sweden - paraguay...great athmosphere with almost 50000 swedish fans. We tried to get tickets to swe-eng but the price was way too high, €1000/ticket.

Sweden - Paraguay

France - Korea
    A couple of great photos there mate, just thought they should be in the new thread

Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ofbarea
    But for me it was a big shcock to see these teams goint away...
    When the world cup is in Europe wins an european team (except once in 1958 when Brazil won in Sweden).....so not that big shock....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Never thought it before the tournament, but I have to agree with Baldrick and say that Germany have looked very strong, so they get my vote.

I think

1 Germany
    2 France
    3 Portugal
    4 Italy
    Quote Quote  
  15. Portugal has been one of the best in the world for the past 4 years. I'mm looking for them in the final against Germany. I think Portugal is better than Germany but Home field is a huge advantage!!! I'm going with Portugal but it very well may be Germany.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    When the world cup is in Europe wins an european team (except once in 1958 when Brazil won in Sweden).....so not that big shock....
    Quote Quote  
  17. I posted this on the other thread without knowing that this one existed. So please don't report me for doublepost.

SO MUCH TO COMMENT!!!

My damned internet connection died friday afternoon and the brighthouse technician couldn't make it until today.

Ok, first about England vs. Portugal:

How does it feel to have a referee biased against your team uh?, I'm not saying that we lose the game because of the referee (like Australia-Italy), but he was indeed in favor of the lads.
    He dismissed Rooney from the field, it is a matter of further discussion, but please!, he DID took a firm step on the other player's balls.... I saw the replay a hundred times... that wasn't very nice.
    Overall, England was a better team, but as usual, lady luck didn't smile upon them this year. Now you feel like I do, to play an awesome match and lose by a single slip. (GOD DAMN YOU BECKHAM!!!)

Regarding Brazil: As a South american, I feel like Brazil is representing me too, but God knows I wanted them to lose this game. I think that that bunch of people wearing the yellow/green uniform weren't representing anybody else but themselves.
    I know many people from Brazil and they LOVE footbal, they LOVE their country, and when those two elements are combined, a great passion is unleashed and hopes are sky high!...
    But the national team this time... they played without passion, without life...
    Rocky fans will understand me, they didn't were hungry, they didn't have the eye of the tiger. They thought they were the shit, they played like they were facing schoolgirls instead worthy adversaries, and they lost miserably.
    The best players in the world made the worst team EVER.
    Ronaldo didn't even take care of himself physically, he is FAT period!. If he knew that the world cup was coming, please train and lose some weight for God's sake!.

And the worst thing I have ever seen this world cup by far:

The referees.

My take: Germany is going to win.

And Zidane did sweat his shirt, he got his deserved price. Kudos to him.

My simpathy to the people of Brazil, it will be in four years. To the team of Brazil: WELL DESERVED!!!
    I hope they will never be in the national team again, as they don't deserve it. At least I know that the media in your country will scald them to death.

My 2c.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    I'm still voting Germany...

1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are right Medico Brujo

We are going to scalp them when they camback

What a shame

São Paulo F.C. did much better becoming world champion
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by MeDiCo_BrUjO
    Regarding Brazil: As a South american, I feel like Brazil is representing me too, but God knows I wanted them to lose this game. I think that that bunch of people wearing the yellow/green uniform weren't representing anybody else but themselves.
    I know many people from Brazil and they LOVE footbal, they LOVE their country, and when those two elements are combined, a great passion is unleashed and hopes are sky high!...
    But the national team this time... they played without passion, without life...
    You said everything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Medico_Brujo

My simpathy to the people of Brazil, it will be in four years. To the team of Brazil: WELL DESERVED!!! I hope they will never be in the national team again, as they don't deserve it. At least I know that the media in your country will scald them to death.
    -Thanks for your sympathy. And yes, you're absolutely right

Cheers,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  22. All I really care is if Italy get their rear ends handed to them in a pasta bowl - a last minute penalty after extra time would be even better

Deutschland! Deutschland! Uber Alles! Italien ohne Ehre!

Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by offline
    All I really care is if Italy get their rear ends handed to them in a pasta bowl - a last minute penalty after extra time would be even better.
    I second that!!!

Quote Quote  
  24. Weird stuffs going on. I went down to the Portuguese club to celebrate the victory yesterday. I left and went home to watch the Brasil France game. My cousin stayed there and said later that night after Brasil lost some Brasilians were there and they cut up their Brasil shirts and were stomping on them in anger.

WTF!!! Who would do that?? The brasilians I know were very sad and they gave all the respect to France but anybody disrespecting their own country over soccer should be shot at dawn!!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by G)-(OST
    Originally Posted by offline
    All I really care is if Italy get their rear ends handed to them in a pasta bowl - a last minute penalty after extra time would be even better.
    I second that!!!

I 3rd that!!!
    Quote Quote  
  26. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sticking with my original pick..........Italy........
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Weird stuffs going on. I went down to the Portuguese club to celebrate the victory yesterday. I left and went home to watch the Brasil France game. My cousin stayed there and said later that night after Brasil lost some Brasilians were there and they cut up their Brasil shirts and were stomping on them in anger. WTF!!! Who would do that?? The brasilians I know were very sad and they gave all the respect to France but anybody disrespecting their own country over soccer should be shot at dawn!!!
    -I see you are very concerned about shirts, aren't you? But those were only shirts and not the National Flag. lol lol Anyway, if you think those Brazilians shoud be "shot at dawn" as you have put it... what can I say? :P Maybe you're one of those guys like SuperSupereme lol lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since Brazil is out, I'm saying Germany. You can't deny that home field advantage. Especially in the Argentina game.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by limpy
    The brasilians I know were very sad and they gave all the respect to France but anybody disrespecting their own country over soccer should be shot at dawn!!!
    In my opinion, Brazilian players disrespected their shirts before. Brazilian people is like that: nothing else 1st place is enough.
    I think it was even worse because the team has lost with no honour.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Cunhambebe
    Weird stuffs going on. I went down to the Portuguese club to celebrate the victory yesterday. I left and went home to watch the Brasil France game. My cousin stayed there and said later that night after Brasil lost some Brasilians were there and they cut up their Brasil shirts and were stomping on them in anger. WTF!!! Who would do that?? The brasilians I know were very sad and they gave all the respect to France but anybody disrespecting their own country over soccer should be shot at dawn!!!
    -I see you are very concerned about shirts, aren't you? But those were only shirts and not the National Flag. lol lol Anyway, if you think those Brazilians shoud be "shot at dawn" as you have put it... what can I say? :P Maybe you're one of those guys like SuperSupereme lol lol
    Come on man. i know the shirt is not the flag but it's a symbol of their country.
    Quote Quote