VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

This problem steems back to when i first used this media.

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/O1ne-Movie-Style-16x-DVD-R-50-tub-pr-17717.html

It was on a special offer, and it was the cheapest 16x media around,
    so i thought i'll give it a go, i can see why! my hit ratio was 1 in every 3 - 4 if i was lucky,
    when ripping this media, it caused the drive to speed up really fast and slow down, and now days this is how my drive works all the time.

I know there is sometimes when you are ripping media this happens, depending on what
    you are copying, but this is totally differant to what i'm experiencing

There are also times it will only rip 8 - 10 mm of the same media and dies,
    it's always around 8 - 10 mm no bigger, and other times it will rip to the end.

I thought it might be the media but it works fine on another drive i have,
    and like i said there are other times it will rip to the end.

Is the drive broken or would it be a communication problem from computer to drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you updated firmware for the burner? If that doesn't help, I'd consider replacing the drive since very good drives are so inexpensive now (under $40 at NewEgg). Personally I like Benq, Pioneer and NEC in that order, and I also recommend sticking to quality media such as Taiyo-Yuden and Verbatim. I have a NEC 3520A which would burn Ritek G05 (8x -R media) at 12x with 3.05 firmware, but it refuses to burn them altogether after update to 3.07 firmware which emonstrates well how firmware can dramatically affect burning.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi.

Thanks for your reply, i have a pioneer 110, and the firmware
    is up to date, i think ill go back to NEC, i've had two pioneers
    and both have been trouble, the NEC 3520A i had was great, no problems at all.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote