VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I'm not sure, but I think my question might be related to what the previous thread was about. I'm starting a new thread, since I'm not positive that this is the case. Anyway...
    Since I don't (yet) have a 5.1 setup, all I can do is create a Stereo mix. Well, that's not ALL I can do, but I won't get into the other details.
    My question is:
    Since Adobe allows you to adjust the panning and volume levels of each track, isn't it possible to create a psuedo-5.1 mix in Stereo, by making sure you properly adjust the panning and volume levels per 5.1 channel? Can't all 6 channels be incorporated into a Stereo mix, just by making sure you've panned and adjusted the volume of each channel properly, to avoid clipping?
    For instance, you have a Stereo track, with left/right channels. Can't you assign the FL to the left channel, panned 100 left and the FR to the right channel, panned 100 right? Then, apply the C to both channels, panned at 0, the LFE to both channels, panned at 0, the SL to the left channel and the FR to the right channel? I'm not sure what volume the C and LFE channels would be or what the volume AND panning to the SL/SR would be. However, if you adjust each channel appropriately, can what I'm thinking be done? If not, can someone explain why? If so, can someone recommend what volumes/pannings would work well?
    Hopefully, I didn't sound like a complete moron here :/
    Thanks in advance,
    Justin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote