VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I was trying to watch ESPN 360. For stock video, it works fine. For live video (e.g. soccer), it won't play. The standalone version show

WMP Error Code C00D119D

The WMP plugin properties show the following link

http://espnevent1.espn.com.edgesuite.net/FIFA_June20_Costa.asx

If plays it in standalone WMP, it shows the following:

WMP cannot play the file because the associated playlist is not valid

It works in my colleague's box. Any way for me to debug it? Could it be a codec conflict?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    C00D119D: Cannot play this file
    Windows Media Player cannot play this file because the associated Windows Media metafile playlist is not valid.

A metafile is a file that contains information about other files. A Windows Media metafile playlist, a file with an .asx, .wax, .wmx, or .wvx extension, can be used to instruct the Player to play a group of digital media files in a specific order. Metafiles are usually created by a content provider, such as an Internet radio station.

Also the stream may be coming in on a different port - you may have to see which one and adjust your firewall settings ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. It works for my colleagues, at home (no proxy) or office (proxy). It does not work for me home or office. My guess is it has to do with with how my machines are set up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    see the part above where i said

Also the stream may be coming in on a different port - you may have to see which one and adjust your firewall settings ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. The first part is from MS website, which does not really help.

There is no firewall on my PC or my colleagues'. It can't be the network problem.
    Quote Quote