VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, my friends!

Just a short note to those of you who might find this information useful. I have decided against recording music on "Audio only DVD-Video" discs since, apparently, there will be a (micro)-second stop when going from one song to another to adjust the showing of the video or mpeg still portion. And this is a real nuisance when it comes to contiuous live tracks. If you know otherwise, I would highly appreciate your comments.

Carlos Albert "Disco Mak"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It depends how you author it. If you have tracks that you know need to play back without gaps, just create a single track for them so they run across a single blank video clip.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello, Gus1inger!

Yes, I think that's possible. But then again, if I want to record a whole live LP or live CD, I won't be able to choose the songs I want to listen or to shuffle them, that is, if I record all live songs as 1 track. Still, what you say is better than interrupting the bridge between songs.

CAL "Disco Mak"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could if you drop chapter points in at the breaks instead.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello, G.!

I think that doesn't work with all players. I mean, at least with my player, so that the shuffle mode works, songs have to be independent, that is, one file for each song. My experience in this sense has been with VOB files (MP2 plus movie part), and each song has to be one VOB file. The same can be said for MPEG, etc.

CAL "Disco Mak"

P.S.: On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if "chapters" and "shuffle" work with some other DVD players....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't have seamless shuffle anyway. Any time you shuffle you have to read backwards and forwards across the disc, and will get gaps. This will happen on CD or DVD, and whether you use chapter or title.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even if you put each song in a separate title, shuffle play is player specific. No DVD player I've owned has had any random/shuffle play ability for anything besides MP3 discs.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello, G.!

Excellent point, and you are absolutely right! Thus, I need to find out if making "chapters" work with forward or rewind, that is, to be able choose the song I want to play (after choosing the first one, of course).

Take care,

CAL "Disco Makberto"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello, Mats!

Some Kiss models allow for playing WAV files randomly.

Best to you,

CAL "Disco Mak"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another possible alternative would be DVD Lab Pro's random play list. It uses peudo-random numbers to mx up the playback order. Because they are not truely random, you may want to use several of them. You can read about them in the help files on Mediachance.com
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i've stopped making music dvd for one reason it sucks. when it changes to the next track i hear a lound snap and crackle before it plays. i'm done with that and trying to figure out how to ad visualizations too.
    Quote Quote