VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there,

does anybody know, if there is some kind of plugin available for this task? Or should one give up on trying it, since ONES apparently is not developed anymore?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ogg files are just data. not sure why you'd want to burn them to disc as nothing will play them except the commputer. except for storage and then again, just use prassi ones in data mastering mode if that's the case.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I did not make myself quite clear:

I want to burn .ogg-files as Audio-CD. It is possible with NERO, but I like the burning engine of ONES, so I'd rather use that...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why not convert the ogg files first .... ogg to wav ... then burn with prassi ones (it supports .wav)

i use ace-high converter ... http://www.mp3towma.com/ 19.95USD ...but if you need a free option try this link http://www.mymusictools.com/audio_converters_4/ogg_encoder_decoder_12646.htm .... i've not tried this app so i can't comment on it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know any software that supports burning .ogg to an audio CD. You need to do some work prior to burning. Prassi Ones just had an update in the past few months. Prassi Ones also does not need many updates because of its "driverless" technology.

Prassi Ones is NOT at fault.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's a plugin available for Nero that'll let you import .ogg files directly (and other plugins for other formats), but I haven't tried it.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all those replys. I know that you need a plugin to import .ogg-files, in NERO or elsewhere. I thought there might be one for ONES...

Of course it's not at fault here! I had been looking round the internet to find a plugin (or similar) for ONES without success so posted here to see, if anyone could help.

(Sometimes it might be helpful, if poeple RTFM - in this case the thread - with a bit more attention?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you did ask for a pluging, that's true, but there's no need for a plugin to burn .ogg files to disc.
    There is however indeed a pluging needed for converting ogg to wav, for Audio CD creation. Which you failed to mention in your first post.
    If you do the conversion (ogg to wav) yourself, outside of the burning app, you can use Prassi (or anything else). I'd imagine that'd be simpler than searching high and low for a special plugin for a special app (that may or may not exist).

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I did ask for a plugin to burn .ogg with Prassi's ONES, since it would not accept them just like that.

To re-encode to my mind would mean additional time and data-loss. Perhabs I might have stated THAT a bit more outspokenly, but I presumed that "over here" (i.e. this forum) poeple would try to avoid any unneccessary work, time and - data-loss in particular.

Anyway, I did not mean to offend anyone personally.

Peace.
    Thank y'all for the suggestions! Should I come across an easy solution, I will certainly post back.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No offense taken. But be aware that decoding the compressed format (be it mp3 or ogg or anything) to wav is exactly what the burning app (using plugin or built in function) does, in order to create an audio CD. Quality-wise, it's the same deal as if you do it "by hand" beforehand. There is no data loss in decompressing a compressed format. The loss occurs when the compression is done.
    Work-wise, I agree. It's a little more work, yes.
    I'd still say the easy solution you're looking for is to decode the ogg files yourself!

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, got the point.

I am still wondering, why it takes considerable more time to "re-encode"/decode .ogg>.wav, than letting some plugin (e.g. NERO's) do the trick...

The theoretical background escapes me, but I'd love to know.

@mats.hogberg:
    Do you know about that or perhabs alternatively a good site to get information?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nbarzgar
    why it takes considerable more time to "re-encode"/decode .ogg>.wav, than letting some plugin (e.g. NERO's) do the trick..
    It does? I wasn't aware of that. Not that I use Nero...
    What are you using to decode ogg outside of Nero?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Decoding on the fly shouldn't save a lot of time. Maybe the nero plugin is using low accuracy Tremor? That would definatly be the fastest way to decode vorbis. Not sure where libavcodec fits in or if lancer's builds have ASM for decoding. Basically when decoding vorbis though, those are your options; tremor, libvorbis or libavcodec.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since I do not know very much about the underlying processes neccessary, I can't tell the difference in technique.
    I just noted that it takes NERO (with respective plugin installed) about 20-30 sec. to "analyze" the .ogg-titles imported to the audio-compilation. The number of titles about 12-16, depending on their size and the space on the media used. The "analyzing" is all that is needed prior to burning.

EDIT: [Transcoding with BeSweet - for example - needs practically real-time, perhabs because BeSweet is more precise...?] It did not work just now... VUPlayer does, as does NERO; perhabs I got the BeSweet settings screwed up...
    EDIT
    Quote Quote