VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a series of AVI files, all of them I demuxed the mp3 out and used Sony Vegas to render as AC3 all worked except one.
    The one file has 20 seconds of audio then nothing but dead air for the remainder.

I checked the source avi, the sound runs all the way through. I checked the demuxed mp3, the sound is once again fine. I opened it again in Vegas and saw that the sound waves go flat after 20 seconds in the visual representation for the mp3, yet it plays in winamp and everything else fine.

So I demux again, same problem. I demux the wave using VDUBMOD and Goldwave, Vegas wont even open the file, just crashes.

So I try using BeSweet to make the ac3, no errors but still same problem.

So besides finding another source for this file im lost...

any ideas?

All files were VBR and I did the same for all files, only one isnt working.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vegas doesnt really handle VBR mp3's ... if you got one to work - you were somehow lucky ...

best to , instead of demux, convert to wav with vdub , then try to resync in vegas
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have been using Vegas now for months with VBR audio and never had a problem. Its funny when out of 12 files, all are fine except one... I think its more an issue of the file and not it being VBR.

I also mentioned that I cant get Vegas to open the wav...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok fine - but see the 100s and 100s of posts on sonys forums and here where vbr mp3 doesnt work (as well as mine own experience) with vegas

vegas DID update this in the next to last update for 6 though and it works a bit better - but still not always ....

officially , mp3 (as well as other highly compressed formats) are not considered suitable for editing is sonys position - so only coincidental support is to be found ...

the solution i gave above is one of a couple of working options ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok so what I did is convert the whole thing to an mpeg, then demuxed the audio with TMPGEnc, ran the audio through goldwave to convert to a 48khz wav, then ran the wav in Vegas and boom it all worked out fine.

So just for curiosity sake, what about VBR and vegas doesnt work? Does it spit errors out? All my files have always worked never received an error, and I check my files to make sure they all work, is there something in particular I should be looking for?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hit or miss - not sure what ...

ones that dont work will either lock up or show as very short ...
    Quote Quote