VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hai everyone

I'm a starter. plz help. how can i combine 2DVD (each 4.7gb) to 1DVD. i tried reencode the each dvd seprately but the final size doesn't match. any method or software that can reencode each DVD to 2.35Gb and author it to 1DVD. i tried so many site but couldn't anything help plz

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    what did you try? dvd shrink both to 2.1GB and join with dvd shrink in the reauthoring mode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would join them first, then let shrink allocate across the two of them as it sees fit. You may find that one needs more bitrate than the other, and simply giving them half each won't get you the best result.

That said, unless they have been given very generaous bitrates to begin with, they are likely to look pretty shabby after the reduction.

Personally, I would join with Shrink (reauthor mode - no menus) with no compression set on each. This will create a varge DVD, but no quality reduction. I would then use DVD RB to reduce the size down, preserving as much quality as possible given the circumstances.

What is the combined running time of the two discs you are joining ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't do 4.35GB each - 4.7GB really is 4.35GB (trust me).

If you just want the main movie features, then DVDShrink in reauthor mode (adding both titles) is about as easy and painless as it gets.

If you want all menus and/or possibly some extras then DVDRemake Pro to merge and DVD-RB would be the way I'd go about it.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hai everyone

thanks for the reply. i tried shrink but the video quailty was not good & i want the video size to 2.3Gb , can any way i can set the output video size in shrink... OR any other soft which can provide better quality than shrink & can set output video size as required. many thanks to jimmalenko, guns1inger, Baldrick.......... Reply plz

thnk in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Both Jimmalenko and I gave you the quality solutions. Combine with no compression with either Shrink or DVD Remake Pro, then use DVD Rebuilder to do the actual reducing. This is the best quality solution, given your constraints. Be prepared for relatively low quality video which ever way you go because of the amount of compression that will have ot be applied.

If you used DVD RB Pro you could at least encode the whole lot at half-D1 and salvage some quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by snoopy94
    i want the video size to 2.3Gb
    2.3GB is no good for you.

Read https://www.videohelp.com/dvd.htm#1000 for more info as to why.

any way i can set the output video size in shrink...
    Edit > preferences, and set to Custom Size (2200MB).

OR any other soft which can provide better quality than shrink & can set output video size as required.
    DVD-RB, as already supplied.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hai

Tanks to all...Problem Solved to some extend. i got a doubt....... how can i set the output size in DVD Rebulider Pro to a lower value than DVD5 or in CCE encoder....... iam learning dvd rebuilder for the past 2 days... dvd rebulider is good offers good quality and u can have a DVD5 size output...... but it takes time a lot of time.... PLZ REPLY....... thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you need to set it lower ?

You can do it by changing one of the parameters in the ini file somewhere, but frankly if you need ttoo, you are doing something wrong in your process somewhere.

Things would get faster if you increased your memory to 512mb and added a second HDD and went from one to the other. Your CPU is slow, but more memory would show immediate improvements.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would suggest DVD2One you can set the exact size output you want. Try doing each disc at 2100 megs then after use Tpmgenc DVD Author....This well allow you to make a menu with chaptures..even motion menu if you so choose..ive done this myself when want 2 dvds on 1 disc... even have done it with 3 dvd disc to 1...also dvd2one if pretty fast for the most part so wont take lots of time well good luck...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you thought of using a D/L disc
    Oscar.
    Quote Quote