VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to extract the DTS audio tracks on my DVD in some easy batch method.

DVD Audio Extractor seemed promissing but strangely it does not see the DTS tracks that media player classic knows are there (and can play) just the LPCM and AC3 two channel commentary.

I've poked around with a few other tools but they are far from automated like PgcDemux which would be an insane amount of tedious work for so many little tracks.

Any other ideas what I might try? I read the FAQs and can't find much more help.

TIA!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I dont use it but read that DGIndex supports DTS in the latest version

Version 1.4.7 Release Candidate 4

"10. DGIndex now supports demuxing DTS audio from transport streams."
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  3. I looked at that and I don't see how/if it can breakup the track via chapters?

VOBedit can extra the audio of course but it doesn't breakup chapters which makes it very tedious for me.

Thanks for the thought though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by _ck_
    Thanks for the thought though.
    My pleasure.

I've never done it myself but happened to be reading the DGIndex changelog.

I'm sure someone with knowledge on this subject will be here to help you soon.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anyone else with other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi-

I looked at that and I don't see how/if it can breakup the track via chapters?

But you didn't say that in your initial post. DGIndex has always had the ability to extract DTS from vobs. Only extracting it from transport streams is new.

If you want to extract DTS by chapters, one way would be to decrypt by chapters in the first place. Set up DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode, and then decrypt a chapter at a time. Run those chapter vobs through DGIndex. There's a way to automate the chapter decrypting, but I don't know what it is. That's jimmalenko's specialty. Maybe this post of his will set you on the right path:

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1373527#1373527
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why DTS?
    DVDDecrypter - Split By Chapter
    AC3Tool to convert each chapter/song to .wav(48,000)
    CDWave to convert 48,000 .wav's to 44,100 .wav's.

Simple and all FREE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hech54
    CDWave to convert 48,000 .wav's to 44,100 .wav's.
    hech54,would you say CDWave is very good at changing the sampling rate.I have Goldwave and CDWave and just wondered whether CDWave was more reliable?

Might be a silly question but some tools do a better job at certain tasks than others.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm not sure about more reliable....just easier...especially for me. CDWave has never failed at changing the sampling rate for me....but I suspect Goldwave wouldn't fail either.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Why would anyone want to ruin the quality of the original by resampling the 48khz sample to 44khz? I've yet to see any playback software that can't handle 48khz.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You mean ruin the quality any further?
    I doubt you or anyone else's naked ears could tell the difference between the two when played on a computer....but later when you attempt to burn these 48khz files to an audio CD you are in for a surprise...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are looking to maintain the best audio quality, you will want to use the LPCM track. anything else is a lossy format. It will need to be downsampled to 44.1K to burn on a CDR if that are your intention. it is definately better to use a sound editor to downsample versus using your CD burning software to downsample on the fly.

Just my 2 cents.
    Mako
    Quote Quote