VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm fairly new to video conversion/enhancement/repair and I'm trying to improve the quality of some animated TV series I downloaded for my son, using virtualdub. The file is a div3, name DivX3 low-motion. When I try to load a show in Virtualdub, I get a message that says "Couldn't locate decompressor for format DIV3 (microsoft high-speed MPEG-4 V3 (hack: Divx Low-motion) Virtualdub requires a video for windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. Directshow codecs, such as those used by windows media player are not suitable" But using GSpot, it tells me that I've 4 compatible codecs installed.

Can someone help me with this please...?

Thanks for your time and trouble.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It may be the older DivX3 codec: https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DivX_3.11 Have you tried this one?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have that codec installed on my system. The shows do play well with both wmp and vlc. Virtualdub just won't open them.

And thank you for the welcome. I've actually been browsing your forums for about 8 months, since I first started downloading/converting these animated series for my son. Lots of neat guides, useful programs, good advice, and cool people.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    slight revision to this. I've been able to get virtualdub to open the files, but it keeps crashing.

Error message most often received..

An exception occurred in module 'ntdll'...
    ...while running thread "Dub-I/O" (thread.cpp:150).

Not quite sure what it means but any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote