VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I create a double layer from VOBs with no layer break infomation? I tried with pgcedit and it wouldnt let me set a layer break point. Is there a program I can use to manually set a cell as a break point. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Create an ISO with imgtools classic, then use DVD Decrypter/imgburn to create layer break and burn to disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AFAIK the layer break must be on the start of a new cell or chapter. I found DVDRemake to be excellent at splitting cells. Judging the point at which to split can be a bit of fun though. See https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=301143&highlight= for my experiences.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Did you follow this guide for PGCEdit when trying to set the layer break:

https://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/blutach/dl_burning_with_pgcedit.htm
    That works fine ..... when you have a cell in the appropriate area. I found that I needed to create a cell that starts between the two sector values so that the dialog in step 7 to display a point to set the layer break at.

I don't suppose it is relatively easy to split cells in PGCEdit ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry Jim. My fault. I was addressing aspen matthews who said he had tried PGCEdit without success. Me, I've never burned a dual layer DVD in my life and was just pointing out the guide in case he hadn't seen it.

You didn't mention PGCEdit in your post, and I didn't read the link you had. If that thread mentions PGCEdit, then I haven't seen it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you follow this guide for PGCEdit when trying to set the layer break:

https://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/blutach/dl_burning_with_pgcedit.htm
    yes, thats the problem. When I try to create the ISO I get an error message, saying pgcedit can't find a layer break point.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Oh, so you had the same problem as Jim did. Maybe check out his link and try and solve it the same way. I don't know how to split cells using PGCEdit. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    aspen matthews,

Assuming you're using the latest PgcEdit, when it puts up the error message saying it can't find a suitable cell, look in the section that starts with "Note for expert users:". It will suggest which cell to split.

Just open the your dvd folder in VobBlanker, go to the cell PgcEdit suggested, and click the "Split" button. A new window pops up where you can scroll the cell contents to where you want to split it. Click the "Mark" button to set the split point, and click the "OK" button. Close anything needed to get back to the main VobBlanker screen. Select the directory where you want the new version of the dvd to go, and click the "Process" button.

When VobBlanker is done, open the new version of the dvd in PgcEdit, and try to set the layer break point again (in PgcEdit).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry Jim. My fault. I was addressing aspen matthews who said he had tried PGCEdit without success.
    Don't mention it

Naaa, I knew you weren't specifically talking to me, but I thought I'd add what I thought was the problem and sure enough it was, so nothing lost, eh ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VegasBud
    Assuming you're using the latest PgcEdit, when it puts up the error message saying it can't find a suitable cell, look in the section that starts with "Note for expert users:". It will suggest which cell to split.

Just open the your dvd folder in VobBlanker, go to the cell PgcEdit suggested, and click the "Split" button. A new window pops up where you can scroll the cell contents to where you want to split it. Click the "Mark" button to set the split point, and click the "OK" button. Close anything needed to get back to the main VobBlanker screen. Select the directory where you want the new version of the dvd to go, and click the "Process" button.

When VobBlanker is done, open the new version of the dvd in PgcEdit, and try to set the layer break point again (in PgcEdit).
    Thank you VegasBud. Just what I needed
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This is quite a old thread. I just use ImgBurn now and it gives me several choices for layer breaks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes but what do you do when ImgBurn is "unable to find any cell that could be used for the layer break?
    Quote Quote