VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I notice latley on backing my dvds up that some of my dvds has very bad pixelation or just lock up in the middle or at the end of the dvd. What could be causing this problem. I use record now for recording (using data settings) also i usually record a speed below what the dvds says.... so if its a 6x i record at a 4x. Also side note this happens on many different types of dvd and the particular dvd that im using to record is kinda new.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you can rule out the media which is the easiest thing to change and the most common problem, then you have the burner, the burning software and possibly the encoding/transcoding software.

The burner would be the main suspect then. This especially would be the case if different software and burning programs give the same result.

No easy way to test this except by process of elimination, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could be your player doesn't like recordable media all that much. Some of the bigger names, surprisingly enough, are less tolerant than the cheapies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with redwudz. If you rule out bad media, and there is a lot if around, try it in another player. I had a Sony player that was made in 1999 that didn't like any kind of recordable DVD media. It acted the same way you described.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well i used sony dvds... i think i need to go back to apples.... didnt have problems when i used them they just more expensive.... im hoping its not the burner cause its kind of new.... and like i said right now im using record now for recording and dvd shirnk to shrink that movie
    Quote Quote