VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure whether this is the right way of doing these things but I would like to pass on my gratitude to the above poster who by suggesting VTS Fix has helped me an awful lot.

I might be a UK resident but that doesn't prevent me from appreciating help from an Aussie!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just remember that next ashes series
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Awwwwwww !

I'd like to pass on barry_w2's gratitude to the author/create of FixVTS
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What's an ashes series?

(I know, "dumbass yank")
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cricket. England Vs Australia. The first ever test match was played in 1877 in which Australia won in England. It was reported that pitch invaders burnt the stumps, and the media at the time wrote it up as the death of english cricket, with its ashes returning with Australia. They were even put in an urn, which now sits at Lords (the spiritual home of cricket).

Ever since, the two meet every 18 months to do battle for "The Ashes", and there is even a figurative urn given to the winning captain at the end of each series. Australia had won every series for the past 16 years until last year, when the Poms were too good for us. Revenge this summer will be so very sweet !
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks guys. So the colonials are usually better than the boys from the mother country? Gee, that would be like the Japanese beating the US in baseball. Well, they might be able to, if it was a real World Series, rather than just the National League champs .vs the American League champs. And how Fidel would just love to see his Cubans take on the US while he still lives.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ barry_w2 (This may come across as hostile but it isn't meant that way.)
    Why not just report success in the original thread?

edit Jeanl made a seriously useful program that even cleans up ilo/liteon output for use with dvdshrink.
    A good divorce beats a bad marriage.
    Now I have two anniversaries I celebrate!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sometimes, just saying thanks in the original thread doesn't cut it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OTPW! - If I just say thanks in the original thread then the only people who read it are those that are interested in the thread's subject matter.

By starting a new thread I wanted to make 3 points.

First that I was grateful and had taken the time to show it.

Second that Guns1inger had been very helpful which might help others in evaluating his posts.

Lastly that this forum does work!

I hadn't anticipated the area that the thread went but I don't think that does any harm.

I apologise to the moderators etc for not placing it in the correct forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @barry_w2
    Points acknowledged. It just shows my limited thinking. This never would have occured to me.
    A good divorce beats a bad marriage.
    Now I have two anniversaries I celebrate!
    Quote Quote  
  11. No apology needed Barry_w2. This IS the correct place to show your appreciation.

...however heavy petting etc. , should be kept private.

j/k
    Quote Quote