VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some standard dvd videos (no encryption) that play fine with power dvd.
    When I copy the video_ts folder to my HD with the same dvd drive, through either windows or various software, it plays all jumpy and the picture breaks up. Its like the drive is reading it corrupt.
    How can I backup the disc without the picture breakup?
    Anyone experienced this before?
    My system is windows XP and I am using a Benq 1640 drive.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. How old are the dvd's on which you have the videos on, what brand discs are they and what method are you using to backup to your hard drive?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Disks are Datawrite Red. Play fine in pc (power dvd) and in standalone toshiba dvd player.
    They are no older than 6 months and haven't been player much. Look in excellent condition, don't appear to have any scratches or finger prints.
    Have tried copying the folder with windows, copying the disc with Prassi ones, ripping it to hard drive with dvd decrypter, Magic dvd copier and copy it anyway. All methods copy it without reporting any kind of error but the end result is a dvd that breaks up when playing it. Badly breaks up for the entire of the film. Very strange, never experienced this before.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well do you have a capture card? Since its unencrypted you COULD record it through the capture card in realtime. You'll lose some quality but you can capture it to mpeg if you want to make a dvd right away or to avi if you want to do some editing.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Could it be my benq 1640?
    I been thinking of buying a dvd rom drive.
    Might try an new rom drive first.
    What rom drive is best for reading dvds?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by WanHunLo
    Could it be my benq 1640?
    I been thinking of buying a dvd rom drive.
    Might try an new rom drive first.
    What rom drive is best for reading dvds?
    Probably it is not the drive, because you can play the discs. Check the HD - DMA mode, defrag and so on. Try to copy the disc to an ISO image with DVDDecrypter, mount the iso as virtual drive (Daemon tools) and play it to check.
    Also check the hardware acceleration (or similar, I am not spec.)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Something to do with my machine/XP setup. I removed the Benq writer and put it in my windows 98 machine and it worked fine. Rips the dvds without and glitches. Its slow tho, speed is about 1.7x
    Quote Quote