VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Every since updating to the most recent version of ffmpegX (version 0.0.9w) and the mpeg2enc.intel version deinterlacing causes me to get an error.

The inputs I have used is divx, H.264, and an MPEG4 mov. I have used all of these inputs before and it worked just fine.

This is the error I get from ffmpegX Process:
    Encoding started on Sun May 21 02:54:48 EDT 2006
    INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler 1.9.0 (15-02-2004) is a general scaling utility for yuv frames
    INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001-2004 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard@free.fr>, yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for MOTION!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for TRANSFORM!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for PREDICTION!
    movtoy4m
    Copyright 2002-2006 Johan Lindstr??m
    All rights reserved..
    ++ WARN: [yuvscaler] Could not infer norm (PAL/SECAM or NTSC) from input data (frame size=640x480, frame rate=24000:1001 fps)!!
    **ERROR: [yuvscaler] Uncorrect output keyword: NOT_INTERLACED
    **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The framerate is detected as 23.976 fps (NTSC Film) which is never interlaced. So likewise you won't have to deinterlace this specific clip at all.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I didn't know that 23.97 fps is not ever interlaced. Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, never say 'not ever'. You or anyone could write a spec and implementation for 23.976 fps interlaced content. It's just not practical, as interlacing was developed specificly for slow refresh rates on TVs with 29.97 fps (NTSC) and 25 fps (PAL) framerates.
    If you can't see combing in scenes with movement (and de-interlace filters off), then you source video must be progressive and doesn't need de-interlacing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Case View Post
    Well, never say 'not ever'. You or anyone could write a spec and implementation for 23.976 fps interlaced content. It's just not practical, as interlacing was developed specificly for slow refresh rates on TVs with 29.97 fps (NTSC) and 25 fps (PAL) framerates.
    If you can't see combing in scenes with movement (and de-interlace filters off), then you source video must be progressive and doesn't need de-interlacing.

I also understanded 29.95hz used colour NTSC and 29.97hz for black&white NTSC. I not found place where i get this info. But i am very sure is accurate info.
    Quote Quote