VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I can't seem to get rid of the Pause between tracks when I try to record a seamless mix from CD. I've tried Nero, Musicmatch, and Windows Media Player. Any suggestions of a program that will do what I need? The above mentioned do not do justice to my music. I prefer Freeware, but any suggestions would be appreciated, as my stand alone CD recorder is down at this time.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cdrdao is the best for gapless audio burning. There's a howto at the home page of the app. Completely free.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Nero, right click on the track, select properties and change the Pause from 2 seconds to 0. Do this with all tracks then burn as normal. By default it gives you a 2 second pause between tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do what he said, I did this all the time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Richard_G
    In Nero, right click on the track, select properties and change the Pause from 2 seconds to 0.
    I've never succeded this whithout a slight (but noticable) moment of silence between tracks.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Prassi Ones
    session at once - closed

Keep in mind that with a live concert CD that was designed to run through with no audio breaks between songs....session at once/disc at once was designed to replicate this type of disc.
    Taking individual songs will result in a slight pause no matter what you do....short of editing the beginning and end silence off of each song then joining them together prior to burning.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nero Express just tick no pause between tracks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    've never succeded this whithout a slight (but noticable) moment of silence between tracks.
    That's because there is a slight silence on the actual lead and out of the audio track itself. You would have to cut those parts out in an audio editing software and re encode to a new file. Then you could tell Nero or whatever to not put a gap between songs.

Actually unless they are all the same Key or Tempo beats/per/second it would not be such a smooth trasition even without any silence gaps. A perfect mix would blend in pitch
    ( Key Signature ) and beat or tempo so it would amoothly transition for song to song just like at a good disco.
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...or a live recording (which is what I've used it for).

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not familiar with Nero but what you want is Disc At Once or DAO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are your source files mp3? Mp3 encoders are not sample accurate. I have found that they add about 4000 samples to the original file. At nearly a tenth of a second this delay is quite noticeable.
    Quote Quote