VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A friend of mine publishes an email market newsletter. Quarterly, she sends it out to multiple subscribers ... but through a mailer utility that uses a routine that does not show recipient email addresses in the "TO" part of the header. Problem is, she's now encountering aggressive spam filters that bounce a lot of that email.

Question. Is there software out there that will mail a newsletter out to each subscriber, showing their email address in the "TO" part of the header and no others ... perhaps autosending out the email one at a time until the list of subscriber email addresses is complete?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't think that's the cause of the problem ... it's most likely to do with the recipient's blocking it .

Be carefull of the size of the attached newsletter ... some isp's are getting stiff on space they give to customer's .

To test this theory , she will need to send it to each recipient without using the multiple recipient sending feature , like that in outlook express ... and see which recipient's it come's back from ... just send out a new's message without the newsletter attached will do as test ...

If they come back ... some recipient's may have it blocked ...
    Some are silly enough to set spam tool's to bounce message's ... stupid idea , clogging up vital network's with more junk .

In the case of return's , you will need to check what is being reported by the bounced message's , they are usually tagged in some format to give you an idea as to what is actually happening .

Those that are bounced back after a couple of time's ... well , those recipient's might nolonger be interested ... so you might as well remove them from the list .

Before that though , check what these address's of these recipient's are ... like yahoo.com ... msn.com.au , ect ... they can be funny bugger's at time's thinking your a spammer ... not realizing you have so many customer's , which are using their service's .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The editor already sends it out in 4 parts ... each about the size of a long letter someone might send to a friend. There are some people who receive some parts but not others. I'm one of them and, in theory, I should get all of them. Comcast allows me to set my spam filter level - and I've set mine to "no filtration."

The reason I asked about software is because I suspect the problem might be at "her" end ... that her ISP might balk at sending multiple address emails. But, if they were sent one-by-one and the bounce problem still exists, that reason would be ruled out (at least).

P.S. Newsletter parts are always sent as standard textual emails, never as "attachments."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Our spam filter catches anything with more than 20 recipients as part of it's filtering. We don't actually delete anything until it is reviewed, but some are more agressive and simply bounce anything that breaks their rules. Even though you can't see them in the To:, they are still there as part of the email.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote