VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody can introduce some software decrypte from DVD with subtitle,therefore I can encode file with subtitle

Or,some idea of how to encode with subtitle

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since the subtitles are inside the vob files, then any decrypting software (DVD Decrypter, DVDFab Decrypter, etc.) also gets the subs. You can then extract them from the vobs using VobSub Configure, among others, to get them in IDX/SUB format, or SubRip to OCR then to text subtitle formats (SRT, SSA, etc) or PGCDemux to get them in SUP format for muxing back into DVDs.

On the face of it your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What do you want to do? Do you want to convert DVD to AVI with the subs, either burned into the video or left external? Then I might suggest the use of AutoGK or StaxRip, since you don't seem to be up to doing it manually. Over on the left is an "All Guides" button on which you can click to be taken to a ton of guides that can teach you how to do what you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all,thank for you for dealing with my post
    Next,I'll try my best to clear what I want

1.Decrypte vob/mpeg from DVD, including subtitle is preferred
    I tried DVD decrypter,Imtoo dvdripper,xilisoftware dvdripper

2.After decrypting,I want encode vob/mpeg by mainconcept with H264 format

I don't know if I clear my question
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You want to encode a DVD to the H264 codec with subtitles?

Another way do do this is to use FairUse Wizard. It can use the H264 codec and it supports subtitles. If you look at the tool page for the program, there is a free version available. If the DVD is encrypted, you can rip it to your hard drive with DVDFab Decrpyter, then open the ripped version with FairUse Wizard, pick your codecs and subtitles and let it run. It's a very easy method to use. And all the programs are freeware.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi-

1.Decrypte vob/mpeg from DVD, including subtitle is preferred

No, first you decrypt the vobs to your hard drive. Then you extract the subtitles as described above. redwudz mentioned one very good way to encode to H264 with subs, FairUse Wizard. AutoGK doesn't support H264, but StaxRip does. If you want to do the entire process manually (something I don't recommend if you're new to this), then decrypt, followed by sub extraction.
    Quote Quote