VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have having problems getting dolby pro logic surround (5.1) from my PC to my receiver and out to my home theater system. My receiver is an older Yamaha Dolby Pro Logic Surround, and I am outputing from the PC Line-Out to to the Receiver

I am not able to get the rear speakers (left or right) to output anything other than very minimal sound, likely a bleed from the front-left and front-right channels. I have AC3-Filter 1.01a on the PC, and using the mixer within it I am able to verify that there are indeed L/C/R/LR/RR channels in the files I am testing with (by turning off L/C/R and mixing LR to L and RR to R).

I would assume using the AC3-Filter to "shape" the sound a bit I should be able to output the coded dolby surround thru the 2 channels to the receiver for decoding but it isnt happening. I believe the motherboard has onboard alc850??

I have tried from within mediaportal, and direct from both Windows media Player (10.x) and ATI file player, same results from each...

Patrick
    ----------
    WIN-XP MCE
    Athlon 64 3200+
    GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra
    1gb Ram, DDR SDRAM 400
    ATI AIW 9800Pro
    MyHD130 v1.65.2u
    Shuttle SH55-J2-BK-V1 w/4.00gb Ram, INTEL i3-550, 3.2ghz, WIN7 home premium 64bit
    hauppauge 950q, 1600, 1250
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you can get 5.1 just out of the line out. When I had a similar setup, it used more output jacks, like the line in, the line out and the mic for outputs. This was configured in the audio setup. If you wanted it over one cable, you would have to have a coaxial or fiber optic output to the receiver. Does your receiver have the individual 5.1 inputs?

This may explain the differences in Dolby audio: http://www.5dot1.com/articles/pro_logic_vs_pro_logic_2.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well true 5.1 I wouldnt expect either, perhaps I shouldnt have typed that, but dolby pro-logic surround ("fake" 5.1?) I should be able to get right? a pro-logic signal mixed and sent thru the line-out to the pro-logic receiver for processing? right now I am only getting signal from the L/R/C and no rear...

BTW the ac3-filter does have options for dolby-surround but still doesnt send properly to the receiver.

Patrick
    Shuttle SH55-J2-BK-V1 w/4.00gb Ram, INTEL i3-550, 3.2ghz, WIN7 home premium 64bit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    did you try to use FFDshow?
    You can downmix any 5.1 stream to the DPLII stereo signal with it.
    And it should work fine. Here is a good test file that may be useful (already downmixed to DPLII).
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1481457/speech6chtest_dplii_dwmx.rar

BTW. you can use our DSfilter for preliminary tests
    (it has a built in DPLII deocer) in order to find out what you should expect from your
    external equipment.

Good luck, 3d.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did get finally very good pro-logic output using AC3-Filter and an AVI copy of "Master and Commander" (most excellant during the storm sequence) after some manipulation in the outputs and the mixer. I will try the test file you linked to tonight and see how it performs.

Patrick
    Quote Quote