VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just recently hit my first problem DVD using DVD Decrypter (The movie The New World). So I headed right over here to find my answer. Did some searching and found out I now might need to use DVDFab Decrypter, so I downloaded that.

Not a whole lot of things to set when using it so I just clicked start and it goes to town ripping the disc to my HD.

When it completes I open up DVD Shrink and go to open the folder to compress it and that's where I hit the problem. It tells me that it cannot read one of the VOB files. I thought it might be just that disc so I tried it on Munich and had the same problem.

I also notice that it doesn't rip any audio files into the audio folder. Just wondering if I am not setting something up right or what I'm doing wrong.

Was not able to find any other threads that touched on this in detail but hopefully I'm not the first to run into this problem.

Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try "fix" the ripped dvd with fixvts and then use dvd shrink.

And the audio_ts should be empty, it is used for the "DVD-Audio" format. The vob files contains both the video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Try "fix" the ripped dvd with fixvts and then use dvd shrink.

And the audio_ts should be empty, it is used for the "DVD-Audio" format. The vob files contains both the video and audio.
    Thanks! I'll download that and give it a shot tonight. Oh how I miss the simplicity of DVD Decrypter
    Quote Quote