VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is the lowest compession you would go down to?

Is anything under 64kbps not recommended?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It all depends on what you're using it for. MP3's do not sound good below 128kbps but WMA sounds good at 64kbps and so does Vorbis.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by CaptainVideo
    It all depends on what you're using it for. MP3's do not sound good below 128kbps but WMA sounds good at 64kbps and so does Vorbis.
    I capture the files by using windows media player and then I convert it to MP3. I tried 32kbps but the sound is alful but to me 64kbps and 128kbps sounds exactly the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd say it's subjective... 64kbps might not sound bad to you, but horrible to someone else. I've heard about people who refuse to go below 320.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    I'd say it's subjective... 64kbps might not sound bad to you, but horrible to someone else. I've heard about people who refuse to go below 320.
    No doubt you are right. I just want to get about 50 classical albums on 1 CD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    mmm...the fact that it is classical music will probably warrant a higher bitrate unless you want it to sound terrible. What is your application? If you want something for home you can get dvd players that play mp3's burned to dvd. If it's for a car mp3/wma player then you might want to make sub-categories for your music and burn to seperate cd's.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is a pioneer 433H. It won't play MP3 format on DVDs only CD. I have tested the files on the computer, they sound okay. I guess I am not fussy. Mine you I drew the line at testing 32kbps, that did sound alful.
    Quote Quote  
  8. For MP3s, anything less than 160-192 kbit/s would probably mean that you will hear audible encoding artifacts. YMMV.

I would only use very low MP3 bitrates for specific material - e.g., spoken voice.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This may help you understand mp3 a little better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would use either cdex or eac (exact audio copy) to create your MP3's

use VBR

192kbit/s is considered near CD quality

and use more than one disc for your 50 albums
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, you are right. I had to go back to 128kbps for quiet pieces of music.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I think Sifaga is correct go with 192kbs, it sounds much better. How are you going to write small enough to write fifty different titles onto the surface of one disk cover anyway?
    Quote Quote