VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I've burnt a DVD which plays fine on my PC and one of my stand alone dvd players however when my daughter tries it on hers it sounds as if they are gargling. this also happens on her PS2.

This was an xvid run through Mainconcept MPEG Encoder then tmpgenc dvd author.

Any help would be great.

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What's the audio format? Check 'What is' DVD to the upper left for the standard formats. You are probably using PAL, so those would be the correct ones. If you adhere to those specifications, it should play properly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As i said it works fine on my PC and one of the stand alone players i have but not on the other 2 or the PS2.

Its definately PAL as well. I've burnt hundreds of dvd's and have never had this proplem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The original xvid audio states its mpeg layer-3 could this be the reason the cheaper dvd players are having problems?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, as the process of converting it to DVD standard video would have converted that as well.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats what i thought but i still don't understand how it only plays on a couple of dvd players and not the others.???
    Quote Quote