VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are there any programs that do this. that is remove the vocals from a sound and leave the music.

i have sound forge. is it capable of doing it.

how do you do it

plz i need to know

thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The vocal remover plugin from AnalogX works with Sound Forge as a DirectX plugin. It works on some tracks, doesn't work on others.

Short of getting the original masters and remixing, there is no way to complete get rid of vocals, and success varies from track to track.

You might want to read this thread. He is trying to do something slightly more complex than you, but it covers much the same ground. https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1512729#1512729
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that analogX is ignorance. Majority of the songs, i tried it on, the vocals were still there. Such songs were reggae and dancehall music
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All vocal removers work by polarizing one channel. This cancels out anything mixed in the center, which is where vocals are usually mixed. So how well it works, or whether it works at all, depends on how the vocals are mixed. Maybe vocals aren't typically mixed in center for reggae and dancehall music, I have no idea. But the point is that if something like AnalogX doesn't work than its not likely any other automated program will.
    Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding.
    Quote Quote