VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have a Pro Logic system right now, and i want to check the results of some tests that i've been doing for 4:2 .

Does anyone know of some app to extract LCRS information ?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From what ? Prologic was an analogue method, so there aren't discrete channels in the same sense as AC3. If you have just a stereo source - say a VHS tape - it will be difficult to extract the prologic information. If you have an AC3 file with prologic flags then is definately possible.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What i want, is to get a "PRO Logic information" in WAV format, from some mixings that i've been doing.

I have the material in WAV and AC3 2.0 also.

Is this possible ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "Pro Logic" information is just stereo. There is nothing special in the audio, except it may have been tweaked to make the out of phase signals a little more pronounced, for better rear effects.
    If I remember corrrectly, the original pro logic was pretty much just a Hafler setup + centre speaker connection, with a half-strength DolbyB noise reduction circuit stuck in so Dolby could claim license fees.
    If you don't have a pro logic system, you might like to try wiring 4 speakers up in a "Hafler" configuration from a normal stereo output to get an idea of what's happening.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have the stereo track, have a read of this article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Pro_Logic#Dolby_Encoding_Matrices

At the bottom are the matrices used, so you can build the channels yourself with phase shifting.

This might also interest you

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27936
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can play the sound prologic sound with our DirectShow filter which has a built in DPLII decoder
    and it will generate 6 channel stream...which is sent directly to the rendering device.
    But I do not know if you
    can capture it to 6 channel wave...
    But at least you can perform some listenings.
    Quote Quote