VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone, can someone tell me what the smallest Audio file type is ?

Esspecially regarding cell phones, like I know you get 3gp or something, for video files, which is REALLY small, but MP3 is the smallest file type for audio that I know of.

So ya, anyone know of a smaller file type than MP3 (especially for cell phones ^^) ?
    And if there is, can you tell me where to get a program for converting to that file type,

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    for cell phones it would either be mp3 or wma. usually phones that play wma are smart phones. i think that wma would be the smallest format for cell phones, if im wrong someone can correct me on that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mp3pro, mp4/aac may be smaller but i don't think any phones play them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AMR is the codec used for 3gpp networks. (cell phones)

MediaCoder is supposed to convert mp3 to AMR,their latest version has some bugs so haven't tried this.

Could try google mp3 to AMR.

More info on AMR there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_Multi-Rate
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and Sony all make cell phones that play AAC files. iTunes can create, organize and share AAC files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. yea, i can testify to this, my cellphone plays AAC...it's one of those newer ones with 3G and such, cant remember the exact model number though, but it's a samsung...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My Nokia 6230 plays AAC for audio files only, but those with videos, the audio is then AMR.
    Quote Quote