VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI Can someone please tell me what is KVCD is the reason i ask is i have a movie and it is a KVCD format if anyone can hekp il be grateful thanks chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's really just an XVCD (e.g., non-standard bitrates and dimensions) named after someone with a K in his name who spent a lot of time tweaking things like GOP. His information is generally useful, in that it can save you some time experimenting about what if; but I think he eventually began charging a small fee for that information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And the claims of three movies to a DVD with no visible quality loss are utter bollocks. Even the sample clip provided had more artifacts than an average Divx download.

In short, it is technique that may have been valid when discs were expensive, or to fit a full 90 minutes into a VCD, but the quality is not what is claimed, and you are better off putting one movie to a disc, or splitting the film, if quality means anything to you at all.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you everyone for your help, does this mean i cannot put it on dvd because it belongs to a different type of file? thanks again chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps you can - If the "K" doesn't make the VCD too non commpliant, it may work, as regular VCD video is also DVD compliant. Try authoring the mpg with TMPGEnc DVD Author.

/Mats
    Quote Quote