VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. It seems like encoding a xvid with 'DVD ffmpeg' preset is behaving differently than I remember it doing on my ppc .9v. with .9v using the below settings I would get a .m2v and an .ac3:
    preset: DVD ffmpeg
    video auto size: DVD 16:9
    Framerate: NTSC (29.97)

but now using the same settings with .9w I get a .mpg file that gets rejected by DVD Studio Pro 4.
    I also get this error with the 'DVD mpeg2enc' preset:

INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for MOTION!
    Mon May 1 10:56:34 HST 2006
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING SSE and MMX for TRANSFORM!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for PREDICTION!
    INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler 1.9.0 (15-02-2004) is a general scaling utility for yuv frames
    INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001-2004 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard@free.fr>, yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
    movtoy4m
    Copyright 2002-2006 Johan Lindstr??m
    All rights reserved..
    INFO: [yuvscaler] input: frame size: 720x576 pixels (622080 bytes)
    INFO: [yuvscaler] input: chroma: 4:2:0 JPEG/MPEG-1 (interstitial)
    INFO: [yuvscaler] input: frame rate: 30000/1001 fps (~29.970030)
    INFO: [yuvscaler] input: interlace: none/progressive
    INFO: [yuvscaler] input: sample aspect ratio: 1:1
    INFO: [yuvscaler] from 720x576, take 720x576+0+0, NOT_INTERLACED/PROGRESSIVE
    INFO: [yuvscaler] scale to 720x576, 720x576 being displayed
    INFO: [yuvscaler] Scaling uses the RESAMPLE algorithm,
    INFO: [yuvscaler] frame rate: 29.970 fps
    INFO: [yuvscaler] Scaling ratio for width is 1 to 1
    INFO: [yuvscaler] and is 1 to 1 for height
    INFO: [yuvscaler] Specific downscaling routing number 4
    INFO: [yuvscaler] output: frame size: 720x576 pixels (622080 bytes)
    INFO: [yuvscaler] output: chroma: 4:2:0 JPEG/MPEG-1 (interstitial)
    INFO: [yuvscaler] output: frame rate: 30000/1001 fps (~29.970030)
    INFO: [yuvscaler] output: interlace: none/progressive
    INFO: [yuvscaler] output: sample aspect ratio: 1:1
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Selecting DVD with dummy navigation packets output profile
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Assuming norm NTSC
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Encoding MPEG-2 video to /Users/ammonkc/Movies/The_Promise/ThePromise.mpg.ff.m2v
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Horizontal size: 720 pel
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Vertical size: 576 pel
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Aspect ratio code: 3 = 16:9 display
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame rate code: 4 = 30000.0/1001.0 (NTSC VIDEO)
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Bitrate: 4000 KBit/s
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Quality factor: 3 (Quantisation = 3) (1=best, 31=worst)
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Field order for input: none/progressive
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] New Sequence every 9999 Mbytes
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Assuming non-video stream of 0 Kbps
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Search radius: 16
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] DualPrime: no
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Using one-pass rate control
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] GOP SIZE RANGE 7 TO 15
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Setting colour/gamma parameters to "NTSC"
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Progressive format frames = 1
    **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Sample rate is greater than permitted in specified Level
    what am I doing wrong? I'm using .9w_r3 and using the same workflow that worked well for me with .9v.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is mpeg2enc preset, not ffmpeg...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by major
    This is mpeg2enc preset, not ffmpeg...
    Yes, sorry I wasn't very clear. I get the above error with the mpeg2enc preset. with the ffmpeg dvd preset I don't get any errors, but the result is a .mpg file that gets rejected by DVD Studio Pro 4.1. .9v used to give me a .m2v and a .ac3 when I used the ffmpeg preset. and DSP4 had no problem with them.

Also the above error with mpeg2enc only happens when I change the framerate to NTSC. if I leave it at 25 fps then its works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you want elementary streams with DVD ffmpeg, also enable "Normalize audio", which will force separate treatment of the audio track.

About the mpeg2enc error, it appears because for NTSC the image size of 720x576 is not allowed in the DVD standard. For NTSC, the image size has to be 720x480.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am e-mailing you the file right now for the DVstream QT movie -> FLV problem.

*edit*

File is sent. thanks again for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks Major that was what I was doing wrong. love the app. it flies on my macbook pro
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for this release, major, I really enjoy the FLV feature.

best,
    y.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by major
    Utumno, passthrough on mencoder has a known issue since years, that is, all audio is downsampled to stereo. This is a limitation of mencoder and I will report it to mencoder developers.
    Thanks major. I was just being dumb. Thanks for the polite answer, when I really needed a slap

Utumno.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David Silva
    Originally Posted by David Silva

- the name of the volume is G4HD2 and the path is /Applications/ffmpegX.app
    - i'm using Mac OS X 10.4.6, straight out of the American box. the international/localization settings are for United States and English
    This should be fine then! I can't reproduce the error, perhapos do any other user got the same behavior?
    I have seen older posts here reporting the same behavior, e.g.,

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t277315.html
    Darn... I guess no one else is having the problem. Is there anything else I can try?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by whitedb
    Major,

Tried wr3 with the latest binaries but still no sound from the .mov file from iMovie (the one I sent you)
    Apparently it can't recover the inversion in video/audio tracks. I was able to encode it with audio by opening the mov in QT Player, clicking apple-J, copying the audio track, deleting it and pasting it scaled back to video, so as the window says

Video
    Audio

Instead of

Audio
    Video

Hope this helps,
    Major, I see what you mean. I looked at an old test movie made from iMovie a while ago with Quicktime6. Sure enough it has Video/Audio in that order and works with ffmpegX. It looks as if there has been a change in quicktime that now means an export has the tracks swapped around. This will be true of all movies made from iMovie. Is the problem with not recovering from this inversion in mencoder?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I guess that mencoder should not have this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a wierd problem in coverting a H264 file to DivX, wrong frame rate is suggested by the FFMPEGX app of .58 fps,

The file is an anime title I got from the http://a.scarywater.net/conclave site called Witchblade - 01 [Bakakozou - Conclave]

It is

VIDEO: h264, yuv420p, 640x480
    AUDIO: vorbis, 48000 Hz, stereo

[from FFMPEGX Progress screen:
    Input #0, matroska, from '/Volumes/Video_Massive/Anime/[Bakakozou_-_Conclave]Witchblade_-_01[H264][35C12DFB].mkv':
    Duration: 00:23:39.8, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0, 0.58 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 640x480
    Stream #0.1: Audio: vorbis, 48000 Hz, stereo]

and the FFMPEGX [0.0.9w_r2] app suggests conversion to

VIDEO: mencoder mpeg4, 640x480, 940 kbps, 0.58 fps, no crop

Which I didn't pay attention to as I have a=had pretty good success in using the default suggested settings in the past versions of FFMPEGX.

----

So is this a badly encoded file, an anomaly I should look out for and not require any futher research?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gmackenz
    0.58 fps
    Does VLC report the same framerate?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC reports NTSC film rate of 23.976 fps
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got a Matroska file here, which at first gets a 0.08 fps framerate. So, for a conversion I set the VLC value in the Video tab. And while encoding, mencoder handles it fine, detecting the real source framerate, according to the log line VIDEO: [XVID] 688x560 12bpp 25.000 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I get this when trying to encode a VOB file to mp4 using the .MP4 mprg-4 preset:

FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    Thu May 4 09:47:42 CDT 2006
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    Input #0, mpeg, from '/Volumes/MST3k/MITCHELL1/VIDEO_TS/MITCHELL.VOB':
    Duration: 01:31:38.4, start: 0.233567, bitrate: 5778 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0], 29.97 fps(r): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480, 5500 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
    /Applications/ffmpegX.app//Contents/Resources/ffmpeg: unrecognized option '-4mv'

any insight?

*edit*

Oh yeah i sent you the DV QT file to convert to FLV again... did it work for you this time?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Apparently the "4 motion vectors" option has been disabled in ffmpeg core. I'll remove it, in the meantime just disable it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. ok cool. thanks for the quick response
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Machine: Intel Core Duo Mini 1.66GHz/1GB RAM
    Source file: Xvid AVI/MP3 Audio
    Target: XviD .MP4/AC3 Audio
    ffmpegX version: 0.0.9w_r3

Noticed that the video was encoding rather slowly (about the speed of my 1.67GHz G4 PowerBook). A process called 'ffmpeg2' was doing the encoding. Checking the package contents of ffmpegX.app showed that 'ffmpeg2' is a PowerPC only binary.

This is amazing software! Thanks for the hard work and effort producing it. I've never once regretted the (obscenely small) shareware fee.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I had to keep, in addition to the Universal build of ffmpeg, an older ppc only build which is used in a couple cases, as the newer one was less QT-compliant in those cases.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still having trouble with passthrough AC3. The ffmpeg/XviD preset is producing files that have no audio when played back through VLC despite VLC claiming it has 6 ch AC3 audio. My KiSS DP-600 also will not play the audio track. [EDIT : the .avi created, when loaded back into ffmpegX, reports audio correctly, and the .avi plays with lots of audio lag in mplayer]

Source is a single VOB (a single DVD chapter) using the plain straightforward "XviD ffmpeg" preset with the "Audio" modified to be "Passthrough" (encode audio is ticked). No other changes were made to the preset.

This is happening on every VOB I throw at ffmpegX (0.0.9.w_r3). At the moment, ffmpegX as far as I can see can't preserve passthrough 5.1 AC-3 audio as mencoder downmixes and ffmpegX doesn't seem to quite work when passing through the AC-3.

Does anyone have any handy hints or tips so I can ditch HandBrake for a one-step conversion to Xvid/5ch AC3 ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. I saw that there was a new FLV feature and I got super excited, as I was just in the process of trying to encode a movie for my blog.

I have an obnoxiously big mpeg4 mov that imovie produced for me, and I was hoping to convert that to FLV, but I got the following error:

Seems that stream 1 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 30.00 (30/1)
    Sun May 7 11:51:52 JST 2006
    a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Users/matthew/Documents/knapsack/matsuri auto.mov':
    Duration: 00:09:45.6, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4545 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
    Stream #0.1(eng), 30.00 fps(r): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 640x480
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0

I've tried enabling the "decode with quicktime" but that didn't help anything out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vinyl_warrior
    I saw that there was a new FLV feature and I got super excited, as I was just in the process of trying to encode a movie for my blog.

I have an obnoxiously big mpeg4 mov that imovie produced for me, and I was hoping to convert that to FLV, but I got the following error:

Seems that stream 1 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 30.00 (30/1)
    Sun May 7 11:51:52 JST 2006
    a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Users/matthew/Documents/knapsack/matsuri auto.mov':
    Duration: 00:09:45.6, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4545 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
    Stream #0.1(eng), 30.00 fps(r): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 640x480
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0

I've tried enabling the "decode with quicktime" but that didn't help anything out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try ticking "Invert mapping" on the "Audio" tab before you press "Encode".

Utumno
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Utumno
    I'm still having trouble with passthrough AC3. The ffmpeg/XviD preset is producing files that have no audio when played back through VLC despite VLC claiming it has 6 ch AC3 audio. My KiSS DP-600 also will not play the audio track. [EDIT : the .avi created, when loaded back into ffmpegX, reports audio correctly, and the .avi plays with lots of audio lag in mplayer]

Source is a single VOB (a single DVD chapter) using the plain straightforward "XviD ffmpeg" preset with the "Audio" modified to be "Passthrough" (encode audio is ticked). No other changes were made to the preset.

This is happening on every VOB I throw at ffmpegX (0.0.9.w_r3). At the moment, ffmpegX as far as I can see can't preserve passthrough 5.1 AC-3 audio as mencoder downmixes and ffmpegX doesn't seem to quite work when passing through the AC-3.

Does anyone have any handy hints or tips so I can ditch HandBrake for a one-step conversion to Xvid/5ch AC3 ?
    *bump*

Anyone with any idea on this ?

Utumno.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Does it work if you select ac3 instead of passthrough?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope I get the exact same behaviour - no sound in VLC. ffmpegX detailed output here for selecting AC3 rather than passthrough below :-

Sun May 7 11:41:39 BST 2006
    Input #0, mpeg, from '/Users/hspencer/Desktop/Test.VOB':
    Duration: 00:01:35.7, start: 1785.596000, bitrate: 4443 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0], 25.00 fps(r): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, 7000 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 384 kb/s
    Stream #0.2[0x22]: Subtitle: dvdsub
    Stream #0.3[0x21]: Subtitle: dvdsub
    Stream #0.4[0x20]: Subtitle: dvdsub
    Output #0, avi, to '/Users/hspencer/Desktop/Test.VOB.ff.avi':
    Stream #0.0, 25.00 fps(c): Video: xvid, yuv420p, 704x304, q=2-9, 1201 kb/s
    Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 384 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
    bench: utime=55.862s
    video:13999kB audio:4488kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.735797%
    Encoding completed on Sun May 7 11:42:37 BST 2006
    Quote Quote  
  27. Indeed, there is no sound in VLC, but there is in Mplayer and it sounds correctly. Probably there's some issue hidden when encoding ac3. I'll check it in more detail but it will probably take some time to clear.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's no sound on my KiSS DP-600 either, which means I can't use ffmpegX at all to preserve the surround sound on my DVD rips (which then get pushed to my DP-600 with dp500serv). Back to HandBrake again then, even if the image quality is markedly better under ffmpegX than HandBrake.

Good luck finding the problem - I'll keep my eyes peeled for updates to ffmpegX.

Ut.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi everyone. I'm getting a weird problem here :
    - Machine : iMac G4 800 Mhz
    - OS version : Mac OS X.3.5
    - ffmpegX version : 0.0.9w_r3 located in my Applications folder
    - mpeg2enc version : http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/MacOS/mpeg2enc.intel
    - mencoder & mplayer versions : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mplayerosx/ffmpegXbinaries20060307.zip

Everything seems to install correctly, and ffmpegX starts every time like everything is going on well. But encoding just won't work, no matter wich video I choose. The encoding process just starts and finishes immediately ! I've tried with different videos, but the result is always the same.

The last version I had before was ffmpegX 0.0.9t_r4. It had two major advantages IMHO :
    - It just worked without hassle :P :P,
    - I could put it anywhere in my hard disk, not just in the Applications folder !!!

Now I can't run the t_r4 version anymore, because it doesn't work with the new binaries. And I can't make the w version work, because it doesn't encode anything. I think I'm going crazy with all this.

Could someone please tell me what's wrong ? Is it my processor ? My OS ? Something else ? What can I do to make ffmpegX work again ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jose
    Quote Quote  
  30. Try to click the blue "i" button in the progress window when the process finishes immediately. Does it contain any output?
    Quote Quote