FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sweet!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any ETA on the update? I'm having the same issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Release is possible this week-end.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent new, thanks for the hard work!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Update released.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just tried the new release, and I'm sorry to say it doesn't look like it's working for me (PSP 2.71).

My source movie (XviD AVI) doesn't even show up on the PSP if I use the H.264 preset. The same source encoded using the "old" PSP XviD preset works fine.

I'll give it a few more shots, maybe it's me...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hm, I don't have a PSP 2.71, but one user tested it both on 2.70 and 2.71. Possibly send me a non-working clip so as I can check.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I got it. I had heard somewhere that the name of the directory where videos have to be put had changed with later firmware versions, but since my non-H.264 videos worked fine, I didn't pay much attention to that.

It turns out that H.264 videos really have to go into the [mem stick]/MP_ROOT/100ANV01/ folder, although all other clips work just fine in the old [mem stick]/MP_ROOT/100MNV01/ folder.

Man, that's silly. Thanks for the quick reply, in any case.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1.50 Downgrader for 2.50/2.60 PSPs Released

"PSP owners rejoice! Hot on the heels of the recent exploit discovery & bricking that resulted from early test versions comes a confirmed working downgrader. The method uses a GTA eLoader that will turn any version 2.50/2.60 PSP, with the exception of those with a TA-082 motherboard (how to check without opening/voiding warranty), into a version 1.50 capable of playing all forms of homebrew. One thing that may not be mentioned specifically in the article: it is recommended you NOT use the 32mb Memory Stick that came with the PSP, as the process creates alot of log files that can fill it up, possibly causing a brick."

http://pspupdates.qj.net/-Breaking-News-2-50-2-60-Downgrader-v5-Beta-Released/pg/49/aid/57594

http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/56713/ta82spot1.jpg
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately it didn't work for me either. I encoded an MPEG1 file to PSP H.264. Encoding went fine and VLC can open the resulting file. However, the PSP reports and invalid data file. I placed it in the correct 100ANV01 folder.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Are you running firmware 2.71? Can you send me the non-working clip and source? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey! Tried again with another file just to make sure. This time it worked fine! Pretty fast too.

Thanks Major!
    Quote Quote