VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the new version of Super and when I tried to install it I got an alert from my Norton. It said that I had Bloodhound.Morphine, an unknown virus. Did anyone else have this problem. I overwrote my original version during installation, so now I don't have any version of Super. I really liked the program, but if it's gonna come like this, I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had the the same problem with this program the last release had a few install probs as well
    it looks like they try to dish out their most upto date version its corrupt anyhow on my anti virus (AVG) that its an unknown virus .MPH any its somthing to do ff2ogg.exe
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, that's what my Norton said (the ff20gg.exe was infected). What should I do? Is there anywhere I can get an older, non-infected version?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know that I would trust Norton's analysis that fast. From the Norton site: Symantec antivirus products exclusively use the virus name Bloodhound.Morphine when a potentially unknown virus is found using Symantec Bloodhound technology.

That just tells me it's something Norton doesn't recognize. Not to say that there is not a virus there, but you may be jumping to conclusions with no evidence as it may just be a Norton error.

I installed the latest version of SUPER on 2 computers running AVG today and neither found any problems with the program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well the prblem with that is that it won't let me finish installation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They've apparently released a different version of the setup package that reportedly does away with whatever was causing the false positives in some virus scanners. Download the installer from the SUPER homepage again, and try that version.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you know it's different. Everything looks the same on the website and there's no mention of an update from the April 26th version. I hate to be a jerk, but I'm kinda gun-shy after what happened yesterday. Has anyone with an anti-virus downloaded the new version without any problems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was mentioned in the forum.

http://www.w3exchange.com/showthread.php?t=14418

subject: v2006.built.19 (April 26, 2006)

Dear users,
    To make it clear for everyone, the only lonely version available for
    download at this site is the FIXed version.

We took away (forever) the Setup file that caused the false/positive
    trigger and we replaced it with a Setup file that is 100% safe from
    worms, virus etc..
    Edit: Well, okay, there's more to the reference than that last post...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    02 Dec, 2006 Same issue, this time with F-Prot (11.27.2006 defs):

C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\ff2ogg.exe could be infected with an unknown virus
    C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\SUPER.exe could be infected with an unknown virus
    C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\SUPER1.dlm could be a corrupted executable file
    C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\SUPER6.dlm could be a corrupted executable file

Ewido Anti-Malware sees no problems woth Super.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if I should trust anyone who takes the measures these people do to protect their software.. just getting it to download is beyond the pale for most users.
    Quote Quote