VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found a site (www.smallscreenflix.com) that allows me to get cool classic cartoons and commercials, without those TORRENTIAL waits and drops.
    The site looks like it's in beta, but all the flix are mp4 formatted and provides excellent help resources.
    Anyway, just wanted to share.

BigMac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    before anyone asks -- these are all public domain
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! Pretty sweet site.

there's also www.publicdomaintorrents.com
    Day Dreamin' about John Waters...again.

The Naked Gord Program
    http://nakedgord.blogspot.com
    Humour, Politics, Gadgets.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cool great link - it has all the mystery science theater 3000 movies without the commentary! (well ok not all but quite a few!).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Cool great link - it has all the mystery science theater 3000 movies without the commentary! (well ok not all but quite a few!).
    lol they do have quite a few but I've been on the fence about ripping some of my movies.

I *know* they're public domain but I'm wondering if the company who released the disc might own *that version* of the print (like if they've resorted it or anything)
    Day Dreamin' about John Waters...again.

The Naked Gord Program
    http://nakedgord.blogspot.com
    Humour, Politics, Gadgets.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are people who sell DVD's of these movies. I have bought a few myself. If you read the disclaimer they state they are FBI protected etc... Technically they remastered them to DVD so it's their menus, cover graphic and text descriptions but they cannot own the rights to the movie itself. I have downloaded some of the mp4 versions roughly 80 to 250 mb each at poor quality but some sites offer DVD versions too. I never tried those. Too bad they don't have a happy medium 700 to 1gig xvid files which would be pretty good quality for older movies.

Have to edit my comments: Haven't been there in ages and surprised to see they have moved into the divx, ipod, pda age etc... Very promising

btw) they used to be direct download only

I got older movies here too
    http://www.archive.org/details/feature_films
    Quote Quote