VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, first post here.

I think this is the place for this question ?

I have a movie on my PC, but the sound is about 2 seconds slow. Like, a person's mouth moves, then the words come about 2 seconds later.

Is there any way i can change when the sound starts, or a program that can shift up the sound a few seconds earlier or something ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To check it first to make sure it's a constant drift:

Use media player classic ( mpc ) under view,options, filters, audio switcher and adjust the audio time shift - or + value as needed. This is in milliseconds so 1000 = 1 second.

If it is constant and you want to fix the file then use virtualdubmod

Streams, stream lst, right click on audio track and click full processing mode, the interleave and adjust the audio skew correction by the needed amount. (You may also need to adjust compression if you don't want pcm audio. I can't recall if this step is needed or if it retains the original compression.)

When saving the file use directstream copy for the video and it should take less than 20 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can MPC save the file with the audio changes ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. No, you just use MPC to determine the amount the sound is off.

You use VDubMod to make the change permanent. Hit "No" if it asks you a question when you open the AVI. Except there's no need to reencode the audio. gll99 had it a little bit garbled. Just adjust the delay (called audio skew correction in VDubMod). Takes less then a minute usually to make the change and save. Make sure you set Video to DirectStreamCopy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Slasher_101

manono is correct. I was working from memory.

In Vdubmod the time skew is in the interleaving menu option which is available in the directstream copy mode for the audio so there is no reason to turn on full processing mode for the audio. Since neither audio or video needs to be recompressed, the avi should be recreated in a minute or so depending on the length of the video.

MPC is only used to set the exact time you need until the video and audio are playing in synch. Make sure you play the video long enough to be sure it stays in synch. Once you know that then you can use vdubmod to make the change accordingly.

If the audio drifts at an uneven pace then the fix is more complicated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys, it turns out only the sound was off in the beginning, and it got better later. So it would be a mission to fix it fully ^^

(now see my new question: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=299771 )
    XD
    Quote Quote